Washington State Dual Language RESEA WorkSource Specialist (WSS3 TBD) Moses Lake in Moses Lake, Washington
The closing date of this recruitment has been extended and is now open until filled. Applicant review begins on October 20, 2016. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
Employment Security Department (ESD) is recruiting for a Reemployment Services and Eligibility Assessment (RESEA) WorkSource Specialist 3 (WSS3) position at WorkSource Central Basin. This position will work in the RESEA program to provide re-employment services to job candidates receiving unemployment insurance (UI) benefits. This work will increase the job seekers ability to return to work and decrease the amount of time a person is unemployed. This position engages job seekers by providing direct services to customers in a variety of career services; assessing customers work readiness/employability; offering information about service/training options and community based resources; engaging job seekers into services suited to their individual needs and/or facilitating handoff to one-on-one services provided by suitable staff. This position will communicate with customers in Spanish and English.
- Provide staff-assisted customer services; conduct group and individual in-depth interviews, assist with full profile registrations into WorkSourceWA. Review job readiness, employment barriers and customer needs; administer skill, interest, and aptitude tests using formal tools; identify employment and/or training goals; develop and monitor service plans; develop recommendations for continuous engagement.
- Communicate effectively in person, via telephone and in writing in Spanish and English.
- Assist customers in the use of resource center services including technology, resumes, registration into WorkSourceWA, applications, and interview skills training.
- Outline labor market information and opportunities; assist with development of job search plans/individualized Reemployment Service plans refer customers to WorkSourceWA and/or other external job opening, and/or WorkSource job search activities.
- Provide basic information on how to apply for unemployment benefits; direct UI customer concerns, issues and problems to the liaison or supervisor; conduct one-to-one interviews. Introduce claimants to the online UI Portal to obtain personal unemployment insurance information.
- Schedule and conduct UI reemployment and eligibility assessments; orientation to WorkSource services; audit customer unemployment claims to ensure claimants meet work search requirements under the Unemployment Insurance laws; refer as appropriate to UI adjudication if an issue or potential issue is identified; develop claimant action plan and/or issue work search directives; conduct follow-up to assist UI office and customers; enter information.
- Administer the UI Work Test.
- Facilitate RESEA orientations.
- Answer phone calls and direct to program teams; provide timely response and services through all forms of customer service (phone, email, face-to-face). Qualifications
- Working-level knowledge of characteristics associated with unemployed, dislocated, and disadvantaged populations.
- Working-level oral communication skills - convey information orally according to the needs of the audience, and receive and understand spoken information.
- Awareness-level knowledge of coaching techniques.
- Working-level knowledge of group facilitation techniques.
Awareness-level computer skills - use computer hardware and software to complete assignments. Additional requirement:
Ability to communicate effectively in person, via telephone and in writing in Spanish and English. Note:There is an additional five percent assignment pay for this position for required language skills. Supplemental Information
Attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing.
Other Information As a condition of employment, the successful candidate accepting this position must comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees.
For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact NEOGOV toll-free at (855) 524-5627 or email@example.com.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-09630
Department: Employment Security Department
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $36,744.00 - $48,060.00 Annually
Location: Grant County - Moses Lake, WA