Washington State Dual Language Re-employment Specialist (WSS3 4419X) Moses Lake in Moses Lake, Washington
The closing date of this recruitment has been extended and is now open until filled. Applicant review begins on October 6, 2016. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
Employment Security Department (ESD) is recruiting for a Dual Language Re-employment Specialist - WorkSource Specialist 3 (WSS3). This position provides re-employment and training services to job seekers and customers that request our services either in person, over the phone, or by e-mail. This position works with partners to provide everything from on-the-job training to more in-depth assistance to help with certain barriers that require special needs. This position will also develop relationships with local employers and provide intensive and informational services to targeted industries and employers in an effort to increase the employer's ability to hire the right person for the right job. This position will communicate with customers in Spanish and English.
- Provide staff-assisted customer services; conduct group and individual in-depth interviews, assist with full profile registrations into WorkSourceWA.
- Review job readiness, employment barriers and customer needs; administer skill, interest, and aptitude tests using formal tools; identify employment and/or training goals; develop and monitor service plans; develop recommendations for continuous engagement.
- Provide information about the full range of agency services and programs including unemployment insurance; direct to appropriate internal or external resources and/or support services; provide for continuous engagement.
- Communicate effectively in person, via telephone, and in writing in Spanish and English.
- Determine areas and businesses that would benefit from WorkSource services and market WorkSource business services.
- Act as liaison to businesses; identify business needs and job opportunities for customers; supply information addressing human resources support, labor market trends and wages, tax credits and incentives, and employment laws and regulations; refer to websites and other agency and partner services.
- Jointly develop service delivery plan to address; recruit, screen, manage and/or assist employers with job match and referrals.
- Introduce employers to WorkSourceWA.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Business Services to ensure consistency of service delivery; share best practices, strategies and information; assist in hiring events. Qualifications
- Awareness-level general knowledge of employment and training state and federal laws, policies, rules, and regulations.
- Awareness-level general knowledge of the workforce one-stop system and partner programs and services.
- Working-level oral communication skills - convey information orally according to the needs of the audience, and receive and understand spoken information.
- Awareness-level knowledge of business relationship building and networking.
- Awareness-level workload management skills - plan and organize assignments to create timely, accurate work products. Work efficiently, remain focused, and handle interruptions effectively.
Awareness-level computer skills - use computer hardware and software to complete assignments. Additional requirement:
Ability to communicate effectively in person, via telephone and in writing in Spanish and English. Note:There is an additional five percent assignment pay for this position for required language skills. Supplemental Information
Attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing. Other Information As a condition of employment, the successful candidate accepting this position must comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees.
For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact email@example.com or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-09125
Department: Employment Security Department
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $36,744.00 - $48,060.00 Annually
Location: Grant County - Moses Lake, WA