Washington State DSHS Developmental Disabilities Case/Resource Manager in Moses Lake, Washington
Will you join us in transforming lives?
The Department of Social and Health Services' Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA), is recruiting for Developmental Disabilities Case Resource Manager's to join our team in Moses Lake, WA.
The core hours are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday with Saturday and Sunday as days off.
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Identifying support needs of clients of the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) and planning for and authorizing payment for appropriate services.
- Providing advanced level of social services and specialized case and/or resource management for people with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Completing and revising client assessments and service plans in CARE within established timeline as required for caseload and according to WAC.
- Reviewing and monitoring client plans, reports, and client progress.
- Referring individuals to appropriate DDA services, other department services, and community programs/resources.
- Working with families and community members to advocate on behalf of clients.
- Identifying clients or families in crisis and making emergent referrals as need to appropriate authorities, department/division services, or local community resources.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to identify support needs and plan for appropriate services for persons with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to identify and assess social dynamics between clients and families and/or other relationships.
- Ability to identify and notify appropriate entities of dangerous or potentially dangerous situations for clients and/or co-workers.
- Possess a high degree of communication skills (listen, observe, communicate, interview, understand, confront, engage in problem solving, and resolve conflict).
- Ability to compose professional, clear and grammatically correct correspondence.
- Knowledge of the DDA residential and county service guidelines.
- Knowledge of Developmental Disabilities RCWs, WACs, and policies/procedures pertaining to duties of position. Qualifications
A Bachelor's degree in social sciences, social services, human services, behavioral sciences or an allied field AND two years of experience providing social services to people with developmental disabilities.
*Graduate training in social science, social services, human services, behavioral sciences or an allied field will substitute, year for year, for one year of the experience providing social services to people with developmental disabilities.
Satisfactory completion of 12 months as a Case Resource Manager Trainee
Questions? Please contact, Lindsey Dicus
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10043 SA83 KX13
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/25/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,627.00 - $4,762.00 Monthly
Location: Grant County - Moses Lake, WA