Lowe's Strategic Business Architecture Director in Mooresville, North Carolina
Are you a Pioneering Spirit? Lowe's is looking for Visionaries, Risktakers, Adventurers. Lowe’s is looking for someone that is driven by potential—A trailblazer of innovation. We are a multibillion dollar company with 5 million MyLowes users and millions of daily site visits. We’re looking for someone that dares to take risks and is excited about the opportunity to work on problems that have never been attempted. So if you’re an innovator, the kind of person who thinks outside the box and is always excited about your next challenge, you might just be the Pioneering Spirit we’re looking for.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead the organization in assessing key capabilities required to drive and enable the strategy, assessing capability gaps, and leading development of executable work efforts to close those gaps. This includes responsibility for leading the development of defining the direction for large-scale, complex cross-functional integrated programs, while coordinating and facilitating collaboration up, down, and across the organization.
• Leads strategic capability assessment for the enterprise to inform strategy development, assess capabilities of acquisition and partnership opportunities, and translate strategies into executable work efforts
• Partners with business leaders to decompose business strategies into capabilities and establish target capability maturity state required to enable the strategy
• Leads and facilitates cross-functional collaboration across business leaders, technical leaders, and executive stakeholders to perform a capability maturity assessment against the market, industry, and competition to identify capability gaps
• Provides thought leadership and engages in proactive planning of an executable business capability roadmap, addressing the strategic and tactical business priorities and challenges, specifying intended business outcomes and values
• Develops the process and methodology to translate strategic intent into capabilities needed and converts capability gaps into recommended solutions through acquisition, partner, or build opportunities
• Advises leaders on work efforts to ensure that there are clearly defined intent statements, specific business goals, defined scope, and go-to-market plans that align back to Lowe’s strategies
• Understands relationships between influencing factors and applicable dependencies, and how they potentially impact the organization and each other, given different solution scenarios. Spans across the enterprise for cross-functional dependencies and opportunities, connecting the appropriate elements and driving alignment
• Recognizes, at the enterprise level, the organization's business and stakeholders' perspectives with regard to the entire organization and drives alignment across• Consults, develops, and empowers leaders across the organization on using initiative planning methods to accelerate the delivery of enterprise initiatives
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Management, Computer Science, MIS, Finance, Strategy, Engineering, or related fields
8 -10 years of experience in Financial Analysis, Business Technology, Strategic Business Planning, Business Operations, Leading Project Teams
Master's Degree in Business Administration/Management or related fields
5+ years of Experience in leading projects with defined process life cycle, business architecture, visualizing and creating models for future analysis, assimilating and correlating disconnected strategic areas of focus to articulate relevance to the organization
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Job ID: 1204532BR
Line of Business: Corporate
Job Category: Corporate Affairs
Department: 0563 - Strategic Roadmap & Capability
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full-Time
Location #: 1999
Location Name: CSC-Mooresville
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.