FleetPride Service Manager in Mobile, Alabama
Supervise and coordinate the activities of all staff at the branch. Maintain a safe workplace environment, ensure compliance with applicable laws and attract and retain qualified team members. It is the Service Manager’s objective to meet or exceed the annual EBIT, sales budget and inventory goals while fulfilling the customers’ expectations for supply of product and service.
- Hire and supervise employees who meet all critical requirements and qualifications for each position (counter sales, warehouse, delivery drivers and others as approved).
- Review work throughout the work process and at completion, in order to ensure that it has been performed effectively.
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staffing levels, to ensure that activities are performed effectively, and to respond to fluctuating workloads.
- Communicate with employees on a regular basis to insure procedures are followed, new procedures and methods are considered and new approved methods or procedures are known and carried out on a timely basis.
- Appraise and document employee performance at regular intervals as required by company procedures, insuring a plan for improving employee performance and potential. Meet with each employee at least once a year (on their anniversary date) to formally review their performance and discuss future performance objectives and goals.
- Recommend pay increase based upon performance. Receive approval from Area Manager and Operations Manager before discussing with employee.
- Enforce company policies and procedures, abide by same.
- Counsel employees in work -related activities personal growth and career development.
- Prepare reports for the Area Manager and the Operations Manager.
- Report work-related injuries of employees to our third party administrator, Zurich.
- Ensure all walk in customers are greeted immediately and an associate offers assistance within 2 minutes.
- Make certain all work orders are filled at a rate of 100% accuracy.
- Post all inventory receipts daily.
- Invoice all sales daily.
- Deposit all cash receipts in accordance with instructions from accounting.
- Process all vendor invoices in accordance with instructions from accounting.
- Approve expenses (within budget limits).
- Lead shop meetings as required, but no less frequently than each month. Review territory EBIT and sales revenue to plan; find new opportunities for sales penetration of new or existing products; share successful practices.
- Maintain a top 25-customer list. Each month update and visit at least 3 customers for potential new business opportunities.
- For each account, lead the development of pricing strategy on an annual basis.
- Suggest additions or deletions to inventory and update catalogues on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure all inventory reports are reviewed weekly. Corrective action should be taken on all negative quantities. Open invoices and POs should be followed up or cancelled.
- Review the branch accounts receivable aging each week. Coordinate collection efforts with the credit department to ensure timely collection of balances due from customers.
- Establish preventive maintenance plans for equipment such as delivery trucks and forklifts along with daily inspection of such equipment.
- Annual physical inventory variances should not exceed 2% of the total inventory value.
- Maintain the branch appearance to include daily cleaning of the entire facility (inside and outside), restocking of display areas and restrooms.
- Ensure that the third ring answers the telephone and all associates answer in a uniform manner.
Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs.
Environmental / Atmospheric Conditions
Inside/Outside Conditions, Varied Temperature Changes, Minimal Chemical Hazards, Vibration, Dust, Vehicle Noise
OSHA approved steel toed safety shoes required from the first day of this job.
*- *High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate); Associate’ s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in heavy duty truck and trailer service industry, including a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory position.
*- *Valid drivers’ license with clean driving record.
Requisition Number:: 16-1057
Post Date:: 10/5/2016
Title:: Service Manager
Job Type:: Full Time