Cardinal Health Assoc I, Material Handling (Shift C 7pm-7am) in Moberly, Missouri
What Material Handling contributes to Cardinal Health
Uses a variety of equipment such as forklifts, conveyors, cranes, handcarts, and power trucks to move materials, parts, assemblies and finished products or goods within a plant, office or warehouse. May maintain records.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- 0 - 6 months previous work experience required
- Must possess minor mechanical troubleshooting ability/analytical skills
- Must be proficient in the use of basic hand tools and power tools
- Must be able to work in a team environment, have good interpersonal skills and be able to recognize shifts in work load, be a self starter, good planner and have good organizational skills in order to make efficient use of time
- Must procure a forklift operators license through the Allegiance Healthcare material handling training guidelines
- Must be able to lift and handle objects weighing 50 pounds
- Coordinate various production equipment setups and materials in support of direct labor personnel and production schedules
- Interact with production and warehouse personnel to coordinate needed materials and various production equipment setups
- Setting up production lines/processes with the proper amounts of raw materials and sub-assembly components
- Monitors supplies and replenishes stock
- Stages material/product in proper areas
- Maintains an ample supply of shipping skids
- Tapes cased product and place on pallets in approved quantities and patterns
- Conducts minor equipment changeovers (i.e. setting portable equipment into place and making proper service connections such as air lines or electrical outlets)
- Performs assigned preventative maintenance tasks and housekeeping tasks
- Actively participates in corrective actions from deviations with Quality Assessor and direct labor personnel for completion/closure
- Reviews and recommends changes and corrections for procedures involving their activity on a periodic basis.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.