Medtronic Systems Engineer in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
2 days ago
Systems Engineer position to work in the Neuromodulation Patient Care Devices Engineering organization of Medtronic Neuromodulation. Typical product designs involve complex electronic circuits, wireless communication and a mix of consumer and medical technologies.
• Defines non-implantable Neuromodulation systems and features that meet the expectations and uses of the customer, regulatory agencies, and the business.
• Provides technical input into the definition, evaluation, and problem analysis of system designs across functional groups. This includes investigating and resolving system issues, making improvements to address customer feedback and requests, and leading testing activities.
• Documents tradeoffs, rationale, and potential solutions.
• Translates customer needs into specific, well-written requirements.
• Participates in technical architecture activities for system definition, including partitioning, establishing performance measures, and well defined interfaces.
• Performs Risk Analysis and Hazard Analysis activities for systems, features, and implementations with the intent to eliminate or mitigate the risks in the identified scenarios.
• Defines and performs system validation activities ensuring the behavior of the system meets user needs and intended use.
• Identifies and solves system issues both internally during product development and post launch field issues.
• Provides field support to customers and clients for Neuromodulation systems.
• Contribute and build domain knowledge around medical device based systems, their clinical use and application via customer and field visits, literature searches and training.
• Reviews technical literature and manuals.
• Ensure personal understanding of all quality policy/system items that are applicable. Follow all work/quality procedures to ensure quality system compliance and high quality work.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
• 2+ years of job-related experience with Bachelors Degree; or 0-2 years with a Masters Degree in Biomedical Engineering, System Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
• Engineering MS degree preferred.
• 2-4 years of working with non-implantable medical systems
• Experience in engineering biomedical systems.
• Experience in troubleshooting firmware.
• Experience working with ISO and Quality System Regulation requirements.
• Experience in System Engineering discipline or use of system engineering methodologies.
• Demonstrated strong verbal/written communication.
• Experience working in cross-functional and team environments.
• Experience working in a FDA regulated and/or medical device environment a plus.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.