BAE Systems Mgr- Eng in Minneapolis, Minnesota
BAE Systems in Minneapolis MN is seeking an experienced, hands on, Electronics Laboratory Supervisor to manage the day-to-day operations of the laboratory. This position will direct the work activities of electronic technicians and assemblers in a prototype environment. The supervisor will maintain the safe and secure operation of all laboratory activities. Working on a wide variety of efforts, the laboratory supervisor will ensure that all activities are accomplished efficiently. In this working role, the supervisor will be able to perform portions of the technical work while also being able to direct the activities of others.
The Electronics Laboratory Supervisor will have experience in working with a variety of electronic tools and materials, including hand assembly tools, soldering equipment, and electronic test equipment. The supervisor will be knowledgeable of the principles of analog and digital electronics and be capable of communicating these principles to people with varying levels of experience. It is expected that the supervisor will approve weekly timesheets of laboratory employees, be capable of developing employees' under their supervision and remain knowledgeable about current and emerging technologies and tools related to laboratory functions.
Minimum Education And Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills And Education
An Associate's Degree with a minimum of 10 years related work experience or 7 additional years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
· Able to direct the work activities of electronics technicians and assemblers. Able to delegate, monitor, and measure performance of lab personnel
· Excellent oral and written communication capability to instruct others about safety procedures and proper equipment and facility use. Ability to assert authority for maintaining organization and safety standards as well as a clean working environment. Skills to lead a group or an individual to understand how machinery, tools, equipment and materials are used.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Able to perform electronics assembly work, such as cable assembly, circuit board assembly, panel assembly
· Familiarity with test equipment: Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Waveform Generator, Power Supplies, and similar laboratory equipment.
· Familiarity with MS Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression