Aon Corporation Senior Account Specialist in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Aon Is Looking For An Account Specialist II
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of Aon Risk Solutions, in Milwaukee, WI. As an Account Specialist II, you will report directly to the Account Specialist Manager.
Your Impact As An Account Specialist II
- Assists Account Executives on assigned accounts, managing key processes that serve clients and undertaking the client-facing and internal activities related to these processes.
- Markets routine new and renewal placements according to company procedures.
- Actively supports and monitors the renewal process. As directed, drafts quote comparisons and follows up for binders, policies and endorsements
- Receives and manages routine and complex coverage inquiries and endorsement requests. Serves as key client liaison for items such as certificates, auto IDs, location additions, invoices, WC posting notices, allocations, premium finance agreements, summaries of insurance and policy transmittals.
- Works with Account Executive to gather information from client and determine which markets to submit to in order to prepare renewals and client information presentations/proposals.
- Assists the Account Management and Brokerage staff in servicing the designated book of business as it relates to marketing, claims, administration and sales.
- Maintains effective and productive relationships with clients. Serves independently in a client-facing capacity on matters of moderate importance and complexity.
- May act as the Account Executive for assigned non-complex accounts.
- Will act as placing broker on Property and Casualty accounts
- Accepts from Account Executives delegation of significant responsibility for client deliverables and service quality. Assists Account Executives in nurturing strong client relationships and may assist in driving penetration sales
- Primary interfaces with Aon Client Services on client administration matters.
- May complete Broker Level Reports. May assist Account Executives in developing Client Promise Plans/Stewardship Reports.
- May be expected to cultivate client relationships and assist in driving penetration sales.
- May assist the Broker or AE/Broker by developing underwriting relationships and may be expected to follow market trends, pricing practices and underwriting policies.
- Handles accounting discrepancies
- Acts with responsiveness, urgency and professionalism in all client matters.
- Accepts accountability for the quality of their work and the work of the account team.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise Required Experience:
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years of previous related Property and Casualty insurance experience with commercial accounts / customers.
- Experience negotiating coverage terms and premium with insurance carriers.
- Active Property & Casualty Insurance Licensing is required.
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and project management skills. Exudes confidence and sound technical knowledge.
- Applies a solid knowledge of major insurance coverages, (including general/product liability, commercial automobile, workers’ compensation, property, time element, umbrella, financial coverages, etc.), client-specific coverages and premium rating methods and audits.
- Understands the structure and content of insurance contracts, and is aware of most commercial insurance coverages.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent of a minimum of 5 years of work experience within the Property and Casualty Insurance industry.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. Tolearn more visitAon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visitaon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2423529
Category: Account Management / Brokerage / Insurance
Location: United States, WI, Milwaukee