CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Accountant I – Starting Jan 2017 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Job Title:Accountant I (Outsourcing)* Office Location:Milawukee *Start Date:January of 2017
The Accountant I processes transactions, completes non-complex account reconciliations, and supports the client’s accounting function. The Accountant I supports a variety of accounting functions for clients including financial statements, bank reconciliations, completing sales tax returns, and more on occasion. S/he will also serve the office in some facets of administrative services; coordinating FedEx, mail and client pickup of documents, managing work flows and client documents. The Accountant I works as a team member in meeting the needs of the office staff, principals and clients.
Work Activities & Accountabilities
The below functions reflect the general details of the essential work activities and accountabilities of this position and are not all inclusive. Other activities may be assigned. Having previous experience in these various areas is not required; however, a demonstrated willingness to learn is.
- Transaction Processing. Accounts Payable / Cash Disbursements Processing, accounts receivable / cash receipts processing, and payroll processing, processing payroll tax returns and other bookkeeping services for clients.
- Account Reconciliations. Complete non-complex account reconciliations to be reviewed by Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager, Controller, or CFO.
- Technical Competencies. Develop working knowledge of appropriate accounting software. Proficiency and aptitude for applicable software (Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, Word, Outlook, etc.).
Minimum Required Experience, Education, and Certifications
- Experience:S/he should be gaining experience in the work activities & accountabilities and have required education.
- Education:Associates degree required or in the process of attaining. Equivalent work experience may be considered as a degree equivalent.
ABOUT THE FIRM
CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With nearly 4,000 people, 90 US locations and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 16-0872
Title: Accountant I – Starting Jan 2017