The GEO Group LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE/LPN in MILLEDGEVILLE, Georgia
If you’re an LPN, we’ve got a great career opportunity for you! Currently, we are seeking a skilled LPN to join our nursing team. In this nursing role, you will play a key role in the implementation and evaluation of detainees/inmates health care needs. You will be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care so experience in providing medical nursing care, crisis intervention and handling medical emergencies is essential. If you have the necessary skills and experience, we want to hear from you!
As a LPN you will work under an RN developing and implementing nursing care plans on detainees/inmates. You will be responsible for observing and maintaining the requirements of security as well as maintaining compliance with industry and company policies for accreditation.
- Performing a complete physical assessment and medical history as required on each detainee/inmate entering the correctional system
- Assisting physician with sick call by screening patients and performing minor surgical procedures
- Ensuring the implementation of physician's orders and that prescribed medications are administered as ordered using the formulary
- Making observation rounds on patients, and recording in progress notes
- Evaluating symptoms, reactions and progress of patients on periodic basis; charting and reporting problems to management
- Maintaining security while dispensing medications and is continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and trafficking among detainees/inmates
- Destroying and properly disposing of all needles/syringes
- Documenting all detainee/inmate contacts
- Maintaining confidentiality of medical records