General Motors Design Systems and Software Integration Engineer - ENG0032227 in Milford, Michigan
Design Systems Engineer
Lead the execution of chassis control module program. Manage program to ensure all requirements and deliverables are met on-time with "world's best" quality.
·Manage execution of overall controls project, track and report project progress
·Execute Controls Process of Engineering, ensure deliverables at Vehicle Development Process (VDP) program gates are provided as required
·Foster & document Best Practices to ensure high quality and reduce development lead time.
·Support controller sourcing activities
·Chair and manage the Controller Execution Team (CET), mentor other team members
·Lead Controller ADV process
·Act as controller interface to calibration community, controller supplier, and vehicle customers
·Negotiate with Calibration Team, PMTs and FMT to define SW feature rollout required by program phase
·Lead engineering responsibility for part release, pre-production builds, product launch and acceleration
·Support resolution of vehicle, plant or customer issues relating to controller release
·Support EGM in defining, managing and prioritizing allocated resources to complete tasks.
·Support initiatives to meet product quality targets, respond to PRTS
Develop and Integrate Chassis Control Module software
- Develop software for controls, diagnostics, and/or GMLAN communications
- Create software build for target controller
- Release and configuration manage build products and instrumentation files
- Perform software impact analysis for proposed hardware changes
- Manage controller resource utilization (RAM, ROM, Throughput): Identify constraints, resolve issues and suggest improvements.
- Prepare software for production release
- Perform Hardware and Software Integration testing for Control Modules
- Work with Algorithm Development Teams to define and document system level test cases.
- Automate system level test cases and / or support automation engineer to allow regression testing
- Verify control module functionality on hardware in the loop bench and in vehicle. (examples: Low level hardware interfaces, specific control functionality, vehicle electrical interfaces, power moding, legislated compliance, vehicle assembly and service tool interfaces, GMLAN communication content, etc.)
- Document test findings and assist in issue resolution.
- Troubleshoot vehicle level integration issues including hardware, software, calibration, instrumentation and vehicle wiring
- Work with algorithm/software developers, calibration engineers and/or suppliers to resolve issues
- Evaluate GMLAN content issues (e.g. service, assembly, on-vehicle messages)
- Perform root cause analysis
- Develop software to correct anomalies
- Document hardware and software issues
Support algorithm and software requirement development
- Actively participate in algorithm development teams
- Develop/document/review controller I/O functional requirements and test cases
- Conduct/participate in work product reviews for algorithm, software, specifications and test cases
This position requires the ability to legally operate amotor vehicle on a regular basis.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities toqualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of anindividual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability,sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
Additionally, General Motors is committed to being anEqualEmployment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all jobseekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonableaccommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment,email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com .In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation youare requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the positionfor which you are applying.
·Knowledge and7 to 10years experience in vehicle system development
·Knowledge and experience in control system hardware/software implementation, integration and testing
·Knowledge of hardware design and failure modes in electronic modules
- Experience with and/or knowledge of relevant technologies (i.e. Vehicle Dyanamics, CyberSecurity, AUTOSAR)
·Knowledge of electronic moduledevelopment, manufacturing and test engineering
·Knowledge of vehicle electrical systems and serial data communications (CAN, GMLAN)
·Demonstrated proficiency inworking withsystem/software/hardware requirements development andvalidation
- Demonstrate excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
- Chassis controls experience
- Knowledge and experience in vehicle control system hardware implementation, integration and testing
- Automotive control system experience for production programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Master's degree in Systems Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- DFSS Black Belt
- Ability to Learn
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Functional / Technical Skills
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Organizational Agility
- Project Planning