General Motors Controller Low Level I/O Software Developer - GPS0000518 in Milford, Michigan
- Gather Complex Device Driver IO requirements from various Technical Review Boards
- Support the Defintion of LLIO software architectural requirements in compliance with the selected company standards
- Produce detailed LLIO Complex Device Driver requirements documents
- Support the integration of Complex Device Driver in the supplier’s BSP
- Responsible for defining the complex device driver I/O requirements and development and implementation of the corresponding LLIO software
- Develop and execute complex device driver validation and verification test plan.
- Support major algorithm projects including: specifying and balancing requirements, definition, execution and evaluation of designs, analysis, development, testing and control
- Technical leader for algorithm design, implementation and verification in Technical Resource Board (TRB) responsible area
- Execute design enhancements to support current and new product /customer requirements for functions and diagnostics
- Demonstrate continuous improvement of subsystem features and functions
- Support the resolution of issues as raised by product teams
- Proactively identify performance improvement opportunities
- Assist in documenting requirements for interfaces and managed subsystem
- Adhere to Change Control Board (CCB) process
Required Skills and Experience :
- BSE, BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math required
- Minimum 2 years of algorithm design development and testing engineering processes and procedures
- Model, auto-code, and integrate algorithms using Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, and C.
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output
- Very high level of analytical problem solving skills where problems are very unusual and extremely difficult.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- MS Engineering preferred
- DFSS Certification; Black Belt preferred
- Experience in control system design or physical quantity estimation techniques/modeling
- C, C++, C#, Python, and Java
- GT Power or plant modeling and analysis tools
- Knowledge of dynamometer operations and data collection process
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.