General Motors Controller Integration Engineer - Diesel Engines - GPS0000761 in Milford, Michigan
Controller Integration Engineer – Diesel Engines
Responsible for analysis, integration, and verification of embedded controller designs for diesel automotive applications where creativity and initiative are involved as well as a high level of independent judgment.
- Verify controller functionality on a bench and/or vehicle (examples:diesel specific control functions, new calibrations, PPEI/PTEI interfaces, DVT interfaces, legislated compliance xPIDS– e.g. PIDs, CPIDs, DIDs, and DTCs)
- Troubleshoot vehicle level integration issues including hardware, software, calibration and vehicle wiring
Execute vehicle Key Behavior Tests (KBTs) at each software release as assigned.
Vehicle system software / calibration / hardware integration tests
Execute Milestone Tests (including ACR System level tests when assigned)
- Document, track and report anomalies to key stakeholders (e.g. TIE, ACE, DSE, Lead Calibrator, Algo TRB, etc.) using appropriate database (e.g. Rational Team Concert, etc.).
- Demonstrate ownership by tracking issues to resolution.
- Work with Technical Resource Boards (TRBs) or other cross functional teams to define HWIO and KBT PCAT test cases and to determine how frequently they should be executed (every release or only for certain platform milestones)
- Investigate opportunities to automate system level test cases and / or support HiL automation engineer to allow for automated regression testing for portions of HWIO & KBT Tests.
- Work with algorithm TRBs on algorithm issues and/or suppliers in outsourced programs
- Educate/train/support/mentor new and less experienced Controls Integration Engineers (CIE)
- Provide support as required for calibration development trips, assembly plant builds, field issue resolutions, prototype shops, durability and captured test fleet vehicles.
- Stay abreast of new technology and competitive products
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.
Required Skills and Experience
- One to five years of experience developing microprocessor-based, real-time control algorithms and software in high level language (e.g. C)
- Required BS Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Computer Science
- Demonstrate a high level of analytical ability with excellent communication and interpersonal skills which is required to build relationships with team members and other key stake holders to resolve challenging issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple difficult assignments with a high level of autonomy and accountability for results.
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to ensure a robust system solution.
- Proven ability in project management skills
- Ability to Learn and apply new skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Functional / Technical Skills
- Organizational Agility
- Planning and prioritizing work to deliver required objectives on time with quality
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Preferred MS Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science
- Experience with diesel engines, diesel control algorithms, and/or calibrations.
- Experience with HiL benches (e.g. dSPACE), Simulink, Stateflow, ETAS INCA and Vehicle Spy.