General Motors Controller Integration Engineer - Automated Driving and Active Safety - ENG0032341 in Milford, Michigan
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
Perform Hardware and Software Integration testing for Active Safety Modules both in bench and vehicle testing.
- Work with Algorithm Development Teams to define and document system level test cases.
- Automate system level test cases to allow regression testing
- Verify control module functionality on hardware in the loop bench and in vehicle. (examples: Low level hardware interfaces, specific control functionality, vehicle electrical interfaces, power moding, legislated compliance, vehicle assembly and service tool interfaces, etc.)
- Document test findings and assist in issue resolution.
- Work with interdisciplinary teams to define/develop tests for specific new functions.
Troubleshoot vehicle level integration issues including hardware, software, calibration, instrumentation and vehicle wiring
- Work with algorithm/software developers, calibration engineers and/or suppliers to resolve issues
- Perform root cause analysis
- Develop software to correct anomalies
- Document hardware and software issues
- Work with interdisciplinary teams to improve test process robustness and develop irreversible corrective actions for any process gaps identified
- Support development trips, assembly plant activities, prototype shops, experimental garages, and development fleet and test fleet vehicle activities
- Initiate and support Design For Six Sigma and Red-X design analysis and problem solving
Support algorithm and software requirement development
- Actively participate in algorithm development teams
- Develop experimental software for proposed changes
- Document algorithm functional and verification requirements
- Develop/document/review controller I/O functional requirements and test cases
- Conduct/participate in work product reviews for algorithm, software, specifications and test cases
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
• Proficient programming skills in high level languages "C"
• In-depth knowledge in software algorithm design, performance tuning, debugging, documentation, and testing skills.
• Automotive control system experience for production programs
• Familiarity with embedded controls instrumentation, Hardware-in-the-Loop
• Experience with model design with tools like Rhapsody or Simulink
• Experience with Rational Team Concert or similar
•Ability to manage and lead multiple projects and assignments with a high level of autonomy and accountability for results.
•High analytical ability, effective communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills required to build relationships with local and global team members customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
•Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others.
•Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others.
• BSE, BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, information technology
• Typical: 7-10 years experience
• Minimum: 2 years experience