General Motors Algorithm Design Development Engineer - GPS0000990 in Milford, Michigan
- Work with Global Technical Specialist and others in defining algorithms for next generation engine controls and diagnostics.
- Develop calibration tool, guides, and assist calibration engineers in calibration and root cause analysis
- Lead design team for individual algorithm change request or analysis
- Assist Global Technical Specialist with interface to other hardware and controls organization for area of responsibility
Responsible for leading major algorithm projects including: specifying and balancing requirements, definition, execution and evaluation of designs, analysis, development, testing and control. A substantial amount of creativity and initiative are involved as well as a high level of independent judgment. Capable of managing very broad or numerous projects with highdegreeofdifficulty. Exercises independent judgment, with input from Global Technical Specialist.
- Technical leader for algorithm design, implementation and verification in Technical Resource Board (TRB) responsible area
- Execute design enhancements to support current and new product /customer requirements for functions and diagnostics
- Demonstrate continuous improvement of subsystem features and functions
- Support the resolution of issues as raised by product teams
- Proactively identify performance improvement opportunities
- Assisting with Engineering Standard Work for Technical Resource Board (TRB) responsible area including maintenance of calibration procedures and leading calibration compares across teams
- Provide technical training for Calibration Specialists and mentor new employees on Engineering Standard Work
- Support resolution of vehicle, plant, or customer issues related to algorithm and calibration
- Assist in developing calibration strategies and model-based practices in algorithm strategies and calibrations
- Assist in documenting requirements for interfaces and managed subsystem
- Assist Global Technical Specialist in providing Technical Resource Board (TRB) leadership
- Adhere to Change Control Board (CCB) process
Required Skills and Experience
- BSE - BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Chemistry, Metallurgical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Physics, or Materials Engineering required.
- At least 2 years of algorithm design development and testing engineering processes and procedures
- 2 years of experience with Powertrain calibrations or related experience with mechanical devices dealing with software controls
- Knowledge of Engineering Standard Work for Powertrain calibrations
- Model, auto-code, and integrate algorithms usingMatlab, Simulink,Stateflow, and C.
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output
- Very high level of analytical problem solving skills where problems are very unusual and extremely difficult.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- MS Engineering preferred
- DFSS Certification; Black Belt preferred
- Experience in control system design or physical quantity estimation techniques/modeling
- C, C++, C#, Python, and Java
- GT Power or plant modeling and analysis tools
- Knowledge of dynamometer operations and data collection process
All qualified applicants willreceive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, age,sex, nationalorigin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,or protectedveteran status.