General Motors Algorithm Design Development Engineer - GPS0000238 in Milford, Michigan
General Motors' Electrification Controls is seeking highly energetic embedded controlsalgorithm/software developers for the Electrification product line. If you are interested in developing new technologies and making a difference in the environment, consider working with us!
Algorithm Design Development Engineer (ADDE) responsible for design and development of the embedded controls for Electrification products.
Responsible for leading major algorithm projects including: specifying and balancing requirements, development, execution and verification of designs. A substantial amount of creativity and initiative are involved as well as a high level of independent judgment. Capable of managing very broad or numerous projects with high degree of difficulty. Exercises independent judgment, with input from Global Technical Specialist.
- Execute embedded controls design enhancements to support current and new product /customer requirements for features, functions, and diagnostics
- Demonstrate continuous improvement of subsystem features and functions support, identification and resolution of issues as raised by product teams
- Proactively identify warranty and performance improvement opportunities
- Algorithm Subsystem Technical Expertise
- Functional knowledge of subsystem and its performance requirements
- Interpretation of applicable algorithm subsystem requirements
- Provide design direction / resolve design issues/Technical gatekeeper
- Interface with other technical resources (e.g. GM Research, Advanced) Architecture
- Understand new product technology to contribute to definition of optimum software architecture
- Assist with coordination and negotiation of software interfaces
- Process Expertise/Compliance
- Process enforcement: design steps and deliverables meet standards and Promote & improve process, standards adherence
- Lead and support PEER reviews of controls subsystem (Participate, Present, etc.)
- Required BS Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science
- Controls Engineering
- 2+ years embedded controls experience
- Proficient with Matlab and Simulink
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with sometimes incomplete requirements
- Demonstrates innovative and strategic thinking and initiative to take action in front of challenges
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity and trust
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Preferred MS Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science
- Preferred experience inStateflow, ETAS, Vector Tools and C Software
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.