HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Vice President Quality in Miami, Florida
Vice President Quality Mercy Hospital Miami, FL
Mercy Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of South Florida for over 60 years. As a comprehensive healthcare facility, Mercy offers a full range of services to the residents of Miami-Dade county and surrounding communities. A 473-bed acute care facility, Mercy Hospital is accredited by Joint Commission. Mercy is affiliated with over 700 physicians representing 27 medical specialties. Its Centers of Excellence include: The Heart Center, the Maternity and Women’s Health Center, the Miami Cancer Center, the Minimally Invasive Institute, the Orthopaedics Institute, and the Surgical Weight Loss Center.
As Miami-Dade County’s only Catholic hospital, Mercy Hospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida and is affiliated with HCA East Florida Division, an HCA affiliate. Since its inception in 1950, Mercy Hospital has maintained its reputation for excellence while following the Catholic tradition of caring for God’s people and providing spiritual support. Mercy Hospital is dedicated to providing excellent medical care, while remaining true to its mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people it serves. / / /Mercy Hospital is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!/ / / _Job Description:_
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Quality is responsible for the direction of the Quality Management Department and the various functions under its umbrella, including Performance Improvement, Medical Staff Services and Credentialing, Risk Management, Patient Safety, Infection Control, and Patient Satisfaction.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for Performance Improvement
- As Patient Safety Officer, respond to questions and concerns and function as liaison for safety educations and system change
- Responsible for developing criteria based position descriptions and evaluation standards, revising them as appropriate with changes in the position
- Actively participates in QM meetings, provides oversight for meeting preparation, and gives presentations on quality management to committee members
- Responsible to facilitate preparation for regulatory surveys and corporate surveys and follow-up corrective action development plans if necessary
- Educates and assists department managers to maintain appropriate policies, procedures, and documentation to fulfill requirements and regulations
- Demonstrates current clinical knowledge as well as current knowledge of regulations and standards as relating to JCACHO, CMS, AHCA, and Department of Health. Remains current in the appropriate fields encompassed by the departments.
- Develops Performance Improvement plan with RM interface in collaboration with the Performance Improvement Committee
- Prepares quarterly and annual evaluation of PI programs and plan, presents to PI Committee, Medical Staff, and Board of Trustees
- Reviews and directs submission of monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required
- Reviews aggregated outcomes from select initiatives and recommends educational programs.
- Provides education to staff on performance improvement. Ability to plan and organize orientation and in-service training for department staff members, participates in guidance and educational programs
- Assures documentation meets current standards and policies For more information contact Elizabeth.Flader@HCAHealthcare.com. #LI-EFL
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree strongly preferred; must have either a BSN or MSN
- Current Florida RN license
- 5 years of progressive Quality experience in an acute care setting
- 2 or more years of Quality leadership experience in healthcare
- Demonstrate current clinical knowledge and current knowledge of regulations and standards as related to JCACHO, CMS, AHCA, and Department of Health
- CPHQ certification preferred
Title: Vice President Quality
Location: Florida-Miami-Mercy Hospital
Requisition ID: 26110-7488