Westat NHANES LS - Data Collector in Miami, Florida
Job ID 12401BR
Job Title NHANES LS - Data Collector
City FL - Miami
Job Status Part-Time
Westat is currently seeking motivated and detail-oriented individuals to collect data for an important study conducted for The Centers for Disease Control. This project is a field test of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) Longitudinal Study (LS) with a focus on chronic health conditions including diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and kidney diseases. The NHANES LS field test will be conducted in eight geographic regions across the United States.
The NHANES LS field data collector will locate, obtain cooperation from, and conduct in-person interviews and a health exam with a pre-selected sample of previous NHANES participants. The home exam includes weight and waist circumference, blood pressure reading, finger stick blood collection, and a test to measure sensation in the feet.
· Be at least 18 years old.
· Be available to attend in-person training in Rockville, Maryland, July 17-28, 2017.
· Be available to complete web-based home study training in early July 2017.
· Be available to work the field period from July 31 – November 2017.
· Be available to work a minimum of 20-25 hours per week (weekdays, weekends, and evenings), when work is available, for conducting household interviews.
· Be able to travel locally and long distances by car to include overnight stays or travel of more than 50 miles one way.
o Be able to meet the physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations:
o Lift and carry up to 40 pounds of equipment and materials;
o walk several blocks; and
o climb a flight of stairs while carrying equipment.
· Have regular and reliable access to telephone service with a long-distance calling feature, either landline or cellular.
· Have regular and reliable access to a secure high-speed Internet connection.
· Have regular and reliable access to an insured vehicle.
· Have a valid (current) driver’s license that is not under suspension.
· Willingness to complete recommended vaccine protocol is preferred. The vaccines are highly recommended for persons performing blood collections.
· Experience working on a household data collection study; experience with home exams or biospecimen collection preferred.
· Strong reading, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Excellent computer skills (be able to access the Internet, use the keyboard, and email).
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for this position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
This is a part-time non-exempt position eligible for overtime. Pay rates are based on experience. Working on this study can be a fascinating, rewarding experience. If you are a reliable self-starter, this position may be right for you. This is a part-time non-exempt position eligible for overtime. Pay rates are based on experience. Working on this study can be a fascinating, rewarding experience. If you are a reliable self-starter, this position may be right for you.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.
Requisition ID 17034