St. Mary's Good Samaritan RN - Operating Room in Mexico, Missouri
The registered Nurse is professionally responsible for the assessment, prescription, implementation and evaluation of the delivery of patient care and is accountable for the outcome.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to function effectively in stressful situations. Awareness of changing trends in nursing practice and ability to adapt, including knowledge of Missouri Nurse Practice Act. Ability to communicate in verbal and written methods. Ability and willingness to rotate shifts, take call and adjust to necessary schedule changes. Ability to work under supervision as well as ability to oversee others.
- Ensures a thorough and accurate admission assessment is completed and documented and utilizes critical judgment to analyze patient assessment data to develop an appropriate plan of care.
- Demonstrates and maintains knowledge and skills necessary to meet physical, psycho-social, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of each patient.
- Develops a plan of care based on patient assessments, physician preferences and scheduled procedure criteria. Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals to plan and prepare individualized care for each patient.
- Appropriately prepares equipment, supply and resource needs based on an individualized plan of care. Reevaluates and modifies resource needs as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to perform all aspects of a variety of surgical procedures. Implements a plan of care that incorporates physician prescribed treatments, nursing assessments and diagnostic data in a manner that is prioritized, timely, and integrated with the plan of care.
- Follows laboratory policy and procedure to correctly handle and label all laboratory specimens. Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate administration of medications and treatments according to policy, procedure and protocol.
- Ensures that procedure events and outcomes are documented thoroughly and accurately according to unit specific standards. Procedure outcomes and vital patient specific information is reported thoroughly to post procedure nurses and at end of shift or relief.
- Demonstrates competence in delegation, problem solving, conflict resolution, and team building. Evaluates care given by team members and gives feedback. Effectively supervises team members and maintains accountability for standard of care provided. Acts as a resource to other team members.
- Organizes and utilizes time efficiently. Demonstrates appropriate prioritization. Maintains an organized work environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively on a team. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relationships with patients, significant others, multidisciplinary team members and co-workers.
- Assists in other Surgical Services departments as needed. Performs additional duties as assigned.
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school.
- Current Missouri license as a Registered Nurse or Graduate Nurse eligible to take state board exam for the first time; required within 3 months of graduation.
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider certification/card or must obtain within 3 months of hire. ACLS and PALS required within 6 months of hire.
- Experience in acute or sub-acute healthcare setting
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain opened in 1918 as Audrain Medical Center. Today, the 89-bed community hospital offers a range of services including emergency care, cardiology services, medical imaging, men's health services, women and child services, and diabetes education. The hospital features the J.B. & Greta B. Arthur Cancer Center, the Jordan-Waters Heart Center and Healthworks Rehabilitation services.
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
Primary Location: Missouri-Mexico-SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: 16016608