St. Mary's Good Samaritan Radiologic Technologist -- Mexico, MO -- Sub,Variable in Mexico, Missouri
Provides health care services, applying x-ray energy to assist in diagnosis or treatment. Performs radiographic procedures and related techniques, producing images for the interpretation by; or the request of a licensed practitioner. Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complementary to medical ethics. Provides appropriate patient care and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure.
- Corroborates patient's clinical history with procedure, assuring information is documented and available for use by a licensed practitioner.
- Prepares patient for procedures, provides instructions to obtain desired results, gain cooperation and minimize anxiety.
- Selects and operates radiography equipment, imaging and/or associated accessories to successfully perform procedures.
- Positions patient to best demonstrate anatomic area of interest, respecting patient's ability and comfort.
- Assumes responsibility for provision of physical and psychological needs of patient during procedures.
- Verifies informed consent for, and assists a licenses practitioner with interventional procedures.
- Assists licensed practitioners with fluoroscopic and specialized interventional radiography procedures.
- May be responsible for control of inventory and purchase of supplies for the assigned area.
- Provides practical instruction for students and/or other health care professionals.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Successful completion of a twenty-four month program of study and practical application approved by the AMA Council on Medical Education, and the ARRT. This may be included in an Associate degree program. Must meet ARRT continuing education requirements.
- Registered by ARRT or registry eligible at time of hire
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain opened in 1918 as Audrain Medical Center. Today, the 89-bed community hospital offers a range of services including emergency care, cardiology services, medical imaging, men's health services, women and child services, and diabetes education. The hospital features the J.B. & Greta B. Arthur Cancer Center, the Jordan-Waters Heart Center and Healthworks Rehabilitation services.
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
Primary Location: Missouri-Mexico-SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain
Job: Allied Health
Req ID: 16016188