Idaho Division of Human Resources IT Help Desk Team Lead in Meridian, Idaho
The successful applicant will be required to complete a background investigation and polygraph examination, which includes drug screening. Please see theISP DRUG POLICYat the end of this announcement.
Strategy & Planning
- Establish and enforce Help Desk service level agreements in consultation with end users to establish problem resolution and expectations and timeframes.
- Analyze performance of Help Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and prevent future problems.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of help desk technology procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies, oversee installation, and resolve adaptation issues.
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Help Desk via telephone, e-mail, electronic work orders, and walk-in users to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Track and analyze trends in Help Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of help desk staff training procedures and policies.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the supervision of an I.T. technical support team.
- Proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements and Help Desk deliverables.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Independently installing, upgrading, and maintaining one or more computer networks including server/host hardware and software and network cabling
- Independently evaluating and resolving computer, system, and user problems including compatibility conflicts, application operations, hardware malfunctions, and telecommunications problems
- Independently evaluating and defining customer/system needs and recommending and implementing new IT solutions
- Recommending the installation and use of applications and system software
- Supervising or leading a Help Desk team with a staff of two (2) or more technicians
Checklist. You will receive a score based on your responses to the exam questions. All responses must be supported in the work history, resume, and/or education portion of your application. Exam results are available online when the review process is completed. To preview the exam, click on the*" link below. (You will not be able to take the exam from this screen.) If you wish to take the exam, click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.*
*How to Apply:*
Click on the *Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position.When updating your online application information, please select Idaho State Police under "Agencies," full-time under "Job Type/Shift," and Meridian under "Cities."*
Idaho State Police Drug Policy
Idaho State Police does not consider for employment, nor accept as a volunteer, any person who has:
Used or possessed within the 5 year period immediately preceding application for ISP employment: LSD, PCP, heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine, or designer drugs (e.g. ecstasy, synthetic cathinones, their chemical derivatives and synthetic equivalents, etc.); if use was prior to 5 years preceding application for employment, the following factors will be considered:
(1) the frequency of the behavior; (2) the quantity of drugs involved; and (3) the type of drug;
Used or possessed within the 3 year period immediately preceding application of ISP employment: marijuana, inhalants (huffing), anabolic steroids, hallucinogens (psilocybin mushrooms), or synthetic cannabinoids (e.g. spice, K2, etc.);
- On any occasion illegally manufactured or delivered a controlled substance;
- Used any illegal drug while employed in any law enforcement or prosecutorial agency;
- Been found guilty by a court or jury of driving under the influence of intoxicants within the 5 year period preceding application for ISP employment;
- Abused prescription drugs (case by case analysis).
Other involvement with illegal drugs may be a disqualifier. The Colonel of the Idaho State Police has the authority to make all final hiring decisions.
Also, please note: ISP’s procedure states that visible tattoos on the head, neck, or hands are prohibited and must either be removed, or covered by an acceptable means that does not deter from the professional image.
Open for Recruitment: July 17, 2017 - July 24, 2017
Announcement #: 01662097470
Salary Range: $23.18 per hour -Plus Competitive Benefits!