Regional Medical Center at Memphis Care Coordinator, RN in Memphis, Tennessee
Care Coordinator, RN
Job Code Number:
Ambulatory Services Admin
Hours Per Week:
Contact: Kari Daniel
CARE COORDINATOR (PCMH)
JOB SUMMARY AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Care Coordinator works in collaboration and continuous partnership with chronically ill or "high-risk" patients and their family/caregiver(s), clinic/hospital/specialty providers and staff, and community resources in a team approach to:
· Promote timely access to appropriate care
· Increase utilization of preventative care
· Reduce emergency room utilization and hospital readmissions
· Increase comprehension through culturally and linguistically appropriate education
· Create and promote adherence to a care plan, developed in coordination with the patient, primary care provider, and family/caregiver(s)
· Increase continuity of care by managing relationships with tertiary care providers, transitions-in-care, and referrals
· Increase patients' ability for self-management and shared decision-making
· Provide medication reconciliation
· Connect patients to relevant community resources, with the goal of enhancing patient health and well-being, increasing patient satisfaction, and reducing health care costs
EDUCATION: Graduation from an Approved/Accredited Nursing School
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) - Five (5) years of experience in clinical nursing experience required. Three (3) years of experience in Care Coordination and/or Case Management experience is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Ability to build rapport and engage members in effective dialogue related to their treatment plan
Ability to quickly identify and prioritize member needs and provide structured and focused support and interventions.
Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, community agencies and medical/hospital staff
Exceptional level of critical thinking, analytical and creative problem solving skills required.
Demonstrates ability to work both independently and in a team framework required.
Exceptional level of independence, organization, and interpersonal skills required.
Proficient with team-building processes and participation in cross-functional teams.
Proficient with use of computers and Microsoft Word and Excel.
Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills, with problem-solving abilities.
Demonstrates excellent assessment skills.
Ability to navigate through Shared Health and other data systems as appropriate.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION: Registered Nurse licensure to work in the state of Tennessee. CPR/BLS certifications are required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Frequent walking, driving and sitting. Speaking, hearing and visual acuity is needed. Local travel is required. Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
Graduation from Approved/Accredited Nursing School BLS Certification Multi State RN Licensure Required Valid Driver's License Required 3-5 years experience is required