Owens & Minor Inventory Status Specialist in Mechanicsville, Virginia
Active member of the Client Engagement Team (CET) assigned to research inventory status with a focus onat-risk/backordered items.Researches and documents the disposition (ETD, subs, etc.) of assigned items through open/late Purchase Orders (PO), conducting PO maintenance, and responding to customer inquiries. Has a basic understanding of planning parameters within the replenishment planning system
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Purchase Order Status Inquiry
- Collaborates with supply chain touchpoints [Suppliers, Distribution Centers (DC), transportation companies, Master Data Management (MDM) team, etc.] to researches item status for all work assigned to proactively prevent customer issues.
- Populates information into Backorder database in a timely manner to meet daily Service Level Requirements.
- Works with Operations and Inventory Control to research and account for shipping/receiving discrepancies when a supplier has indicated they have shipped goods not yet in O&M inventory.
- Adjust purchase order quantities within Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) to properly reflect flow of goods.
Item Inventory Inquiry Support
- Responds to all ad-hoc customer inventory status inquiries within stated timeframes defined by Service Level Agreements (SLA).
Daily Customer Backorder Research
- Researches and documents status of unfilled customer sales order lines for work assigned post customer sales order cutoff.
- Populates information into Backorder database in a timely manner to meet daily service level requirements.
Supply Disruption Root Cause Identification
- Identifies problem vendors and escalates recurring issues such as consistently late orders, receiving discrepancies caused by damaged or missing product, and missed delivery appointments.
- Identifies receiving delays at the Distribution Centers (DC) and or Manufacturing sites and works with the Regional Asset Manager & General Manager to resolve.
- Acts as the main point of contact for client engagement team for inventory disposition inquiry.
- Works within a shared-services environment, with matrix reporting lines to CEC leadership and global process leadership.
- Communicates with vendors to determine the status of POs.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A high school diploma required; some college preferred
- Three or more years of purchasing experience
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to independently seek issue resolution
- Strong follow-up skills
- Working knowledge of planning systems and concepts
- PC/Systems skills & knowledge:Microsoft Office, SalesForce
- Customer service oriented
- Must be available to work additional hours as required
- May need to work various shifts