Washington State DSHS Secure Community Transition Manager in McNeil Island, Washington
**DSHS Secure Community Transition Facility Manager
Applicant review beings immediately, it's in your interest to apply now.**
Become a cornerstone in our foundation as we assist the citizens of Washington in Transforming Lives. The Special Commitment Center (SCC) currently seeking a highly qualified, detail oriented, culturally competent Manager. Lead your team with your effective communication style and modern approach to organizational development.
Some of what you'll be doing
- As the Pierce County Manager, your primary objective is:
- Will be working collaboratively with numerous stakeholders, internal and external
- Ensure appropriate treatment and transition services are carried out while community safety is maintained as a priority
- Responsible for the utilization and allocation of all staff assigned to unit, including the planning, leading and organization and control of the work performed
- Monitor all off island activity to ensure adequate coverage
- Conduct quarterly safety drills for the facility and all living units
Who should apply? Professionals with a Bachelor's degree in a human services field, such as psychology, social work, education, public administration, or a related field AND six years' experience working in an institutional or community residential program for persons with sexual offending or other challenging behaviors.
What we're looking for
- A professional and has the proven ability to work independently without the direct supervision of an executive leader
- Proven communications skills both orally and in writing
- Serves as the primary contact for the facility and program wide policy and procedure development and interpretation
- Experience in conducting cursory investigations and make decisions related to violations and incident reports, staff training, staffing allocations, and utilization, resident community activities
- Strong organizational skills, and experience building and leading teams
- Experience in assisting clients in their transition by accessing resources and services, and/or have knowledge of service availability and methods of access
Interview are tentatively scheduled for the 28th Oct or 1st Nov.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 16-180 YC57
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/23/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $66,500.00 - $83,100.00 Annually
Location: Pierce County - McNeil Island, WA