HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Charge Nurse Labor and Delivery Full Time Nights in Margate, Florida
Charge Nurse – Labor and Delivery Full Time Night 7p-7a Northwest Medical Center Margate, FL
Facility Description: Join a dynamic team of healthcare providers in a friendly work environment. We're dedicated to the highest quality patient care and we're looking for dedicated, qualified, compassionate professionals to become part of our team. Northwest Medical Center offers supportive management, great benefits and flexibility. A 223-bed medical center, we continue to expand and integrate the latest technology into patient care.
With the opening of our brand new, state of the art CV Tower and the future expansion of our Emergency Room which will double our ER in size, there is a lot of opportunity for professional growth. Cardiac services, oncology, neurosurgery and The Spine Institute - these are just a few of the areas in which we excel!
/Northwest Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!/
/Benefits:/ /We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance./
- Demonstrates skill and knowledge base of all routine and specialized equipment used in the performance of duties.
- Immediately responds to emergencies or acute changes in either the mother or fetus.
- Functions as a preceptor or facilitates educational offerings within the Department.
- Demonstrates respect and appreciation through attitude and communication for all Staff within the maternal/child units.
- Supports and facilitates the annual Risk Premium Credit program as it applies to L&D.
- Delegates tasks to personnel based on current competency and patient care needs.
- Assures all quality controls are performed as required.
- Continuously prioritizes patient needs based on assessment/reassessment findings and changes staffing assignments as needed.
- Interprets data to determine changes in both the maternal and fetal status and takes appropriate measures, including notification of physician.
- Accurately determines stage of labor upon admission and progress of labor until delivery.
- Participates and directs shift report. Uses data to determine nursing assignments.
- Assures completion of admission assessment within one (1) hour of admission
- Assures documentation performed by staff and self includes status of contractions, fetal heart rate and maternal response to labor.
- Facilitates scheduling of procedures such as inductions, C-Sections, etc. in an effort to meet the needs of the physicians and maintain flow on the unit.
Recognizes the signs and symptoms of PIH, eclampsia and HELLP Syndrome and responds appropriately.
Current FL RN License
- BLS required
- ACLS, STABLE, NRP, and Electronic Fetal Heart Monitoring preferred
- 2-3 years of recent L&D experience
- 1-3 years of supervisor or charge experience
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50lb / / / /
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Nurse, Nursing, Labor and Delivery, L&D, OB/GYN, Maternal Child, OB, GYN, Charge, Supervisor, Management, Labor & Delivery
Title: Charge Nurse Labor and Delivery Full Time Nights
Location: Florida-Margate-Northwest Medical Center - North Broward County
Requisition ID: 00456-3379