Smithsonian Institution Building Services Worker in MANY vacancies Washington, District Of Columbia
- MANY vacancies - Washington DC, DC
Work Schedule is Part-Time,Permanent - Federal
Opened Thursday 10/13/2016 (13 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 10/27/2016 (1 day(s) away)
About the Agency
This position is located in the Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR), Smithsonian Facilities (SF), Smithsonian Institution (SI). The incumbent performs a variety of duties to support the overall facility maintenance.
- Performs a variety of building cleaning tasks using appropriate cleaning methods, chemical handling procedures, and proper equipment operation and maintenance.
- Assists with labor tasks as required including moving, arranging, and lifting heavy objects including building materials, furniture, and collections.
- Notifies supervisor or leader of apparent defects in building and exhibit systems such as but not limited to leaks, cracks, breaks, unusual smells, etc., as well as apparent safety hazards.
- Performs various duties such as moving, arranging, and lifting very large and unusually heavy material and collections.
- Operates gas or liquid propane-powered, self propelled ride-on, and other equipment.
- Not Required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- A one-year probationary period may be required.
- Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
Your overall experience and training must indicate that you have the minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed to perform the duties of this position.
Physical Requirements: This position requires the physical ability to perform moderately heavy work including lifting and carrying heavy objects up to 50 lbs.; work outside in all weather conditions with exposure to dirt, dust, pollen and insects; climb ladders and stairs; and stand and walk for extended periods.
Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the job opportunity announcement.
For information on the Job Qualification System for Trades and Labor Occupations, see OPM’s web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/x-118c/index.htm.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
At the end of the application process you will be able to create and save a PDF file that contains your responses to the assessment questions. You may save this file as initial receipt of your application. After the job announcement closes, you will receive an email from the Smithsonian with confirmation of receipt. The Smithsonian receives many applications for each job. Each application is reviewed carefully which may take a few weeks. We will send you an e-mail to update you as we go through phases of the application review process. You may also check your application status by logging into www.usajobs.gov and selecting the tab "My USAJOBS;" e-mailing email@example.com; or by contacting the Office of Human Resources Representative listed. Additional Information:
- Tips on applying for Smithsonian jobs are available at www.sihr.si.edu/jobs.cfm.
- The Smithsonian does not pay relocation expenses.
- The Smithsonian embraces diversity and equal employment opportunity (www.si.edu/oeema).
Review our benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts - http://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp Leave - http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp Long Term Care Insurance - http://www.ltcfeds.com Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
Salary Range: $13.37 to $15.61 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: WG-5701-02/02
Promotion Potential: 03
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals. More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
Control Number: 453251800
Job Announcement Number: 17R-CR-301982-DEU-SF