MYR Group Inc. Safety Manager in Mansfield, Texas
Exciting opportunity for a Safety Manager! Do you eat, sleep, and breathe safety and always seem to be able to help people practice safety better? Do you have a knack for training best practices and a proven track record with team mentorship and leadership? Then this job may be for you!
MYR Group Inc., one of the oldest and largest electrical contractors in the country has an immediate opportunity for a Safety Manager at its Mansfield, TX district office.
Why should you work for MYR Group? Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our Safety Managers have excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental & Vision insurance, Paid Vacation & holidays, Company paid Life Insurance and a 401K.
If you were to ask our Safety Managers why they like working for MYR Group, chances are they would say, “We’re big and small at the same time, employee contributions are recognized at both the local and corporate levels. These are characteristics that provide an ideal environment for employees to learn, grow and develop.”
What are you waiting for, build yourself with us!
Safety Manager Job Overview:
Our Safety Managers work to ensure all MYR employees uphold the core value of safety by implementing and maintaining safety programs. A successful Safety Manager will develop positive professional relationships while working closely with field personnel, all levels of management and outside agencies during all phases of construction. This will be a field position encompassing worksites throughout the Southwest territory and will support both MYR Group and Great Southwestern Construction Projects. Position will have a balance (50/50) between the office and travel within the field. Travel is required.
Experience within electrical Transmission line, Distribution line (overhead and underground) and Substation electrical construction industry is essential to the success of this role.
Safety Manager Job Duties: This position will be responsible for ensuring employee adherence to Company safety policies and procedures.
- Manage on-going safety program
- Work with Operations to ensure proper Safety staffing
- Verify field work compliance with Federal, State and local regulations, company policy and industry best practices
- Audit and provide meaningful feedback, leadership, and guidance to Safety Engineers
- Coordinate Safety cross training and conduct training as necessary
- Assist Management with methods to improve safety practices and procedures
- Conduct and report on advance notice and no-notice inspections, surveys, and evaluations as required
- Receive, review and participate with the development of accident briefs, safety-related publications, bulletins, and reports
- Provide technical and professional assistance to eliminate or control unsafe behavior and environmental factors
- Provide progress reports on safety activities, requested safety reports, and safety studies
- Understand and comply with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
- Other safety related duties as assigned
Safety Manager Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Journey Lineman working with (overhead) Transmission and Distribution line construction
- Minimum of 1 year of Management experience within a safety role
- Knowledge of utility and construction safety programs
- Experienced within OSHA record keeping, reporting and Method of Procedure (MOP) writing
- Experienced in job hazard, root cause, & safety analysis within the T&D; industry
- Certifications for OSHA training (500’s)
- Proficient with using computers and software such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Prior Risk Management experience is helpful
Seeking candidates who are effective communicators in written and oral skills and who are reliable, punctual, self-starters, and team players with a positive attitude.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are *Equal Opportunity Employer*s. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Mansfield, TX
Job Type: Construction, QA - Quality Control, Training
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 11/29/201611/29/2016