State of Michigan Assistance Payments Worker 8-E10 - Schoolcraft County in Manistique, Michigan
The role of the Eligibility Specialist is to strengthen Michigan families by:
- Ensuring that each person/family that applies for public assistance receives the type and level of assistance that they are eligible for.
- Assessing the needs of each person/family and giving them appropriate information and making any referrals and/or contacts to persons/agencies to help them meet their needs.
- Providing all families with information about the expectations and goals of DHS.
- Encouraging and guiding families in their efforts to become self supporting. See complete position description here: Position Description
Required Education and Experience
Education Completion of two years of college (60 semester or 90 term credits).
Assistance Payments Worker 8
No specific type or amount is required.
Assistance Payments Worker 9
One year of experience equivalent to an Assistance Payments Worker 8, Migrant Program Worker 8, or Family Independence Specialist 9.
Assistance Payments Worker E10
Two years of experience equivalent to an Assistance Payments Worker, including one year equivalent to an Assistance Payments Worker 9;
Two years equivalent to a Migrant Program Worker, including one year equivalent to a Migrant Program Worker 9;
Two years of experience equivalent to a Family Independence Specialist, including one year equivalent to a Family Independence Specialist 10.
Alternate Education and Experience
Four years of administrative support experience in a human services or office setting, including two years equivalent to the experienced (E7) level, may be substituted for the education requirement.
Completion of one year of college (30 semester or 45 term credits) and three years of administrative support experience in a human services or office setting, including one year equivalent to the experienced (E7) level, may be substituted for the education requirement.
Three years of Home Aide experience, including one year equivalent to a Home Aide E8, may be substituted for the education requirement.
Additional Requirements and Information
When you apply, your application is valid for 6 months. After 6 months, you MUST reapply for continued consideration
- This position is located in Manistique, MI at the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, 300 Walnut Street, Courthouse, Rm. 175A, Manistique, MI 49854.
Why Schoolcraft County?
- As tourists have known for more than 150 years Manistique, the heart of Schoolcraft County, is a peaceful place where no one rushes and no one rushes you. We welcome you to live in our beautiful area.
- Our Central Park, has a walkway surrounding the limestone quarry, a Bandshell featuring Music in the Park, June to the end of August at 7pm, on Wednesday evenings. The Farmers Market, with our local farmers & crafters, gather together every Wednesday from 4pm-6pm. They are here May to the end of October.
- We have a beautiful boardwalk on the North Lake Michigan shoreline that stretches over two miles. With very easy access from our Marina. Shoreline, sunrises and/or sunsets with serene beauty to capture at your own pace. The Lake Effects Art Gallery & The Antique Mall with the famous Upper Crust Cafe' are also located across the river from our Marina.
- Our specialty small town stores are filled with their own "touch of personality". Everything from Ben Franklin, The Mustard Seed (unique gifts, chocolates,Art work, etc.) to our Nelson Shoe Store & Petique Shop. On US Hwy 2 we have the U.P's largest gift shop "Treasure City"... AMAZING. They are all fun to investigate.
- As of the 2010 census, the population was 8,485.
- The median income for a household in the county was $38,367, and the median income for a family was $49,561.
- COST OF LIVING - Compared to the rest of the country, Schoolcraft County's cost of living is 17.40% Lower than the U.S. average.
- There are 4 public schools in Schoolcraft County, Michigan, serving 1,065 students. There are 2 private schools in Schoolcraft County, MI, serving 217 students.
- For more detailed information on all that Schoolcraft County, has to offer, visit the Manistique Tourism Council
Your application will be valid for 6 months from the date you apply. To make changes or add attachments, you may reapply.
View the job specification at : http://www.michigan.gov/documents/AssistancePaymentsWorker120907.pdf
To be considered for this position you must:
- apply for this position online via NEOGOV; click on "Apply" in the job posting for instructions on submitting your electronic application. Hard copy applications are not accepted.
- attach a resume identifying specific experience and dates of employment. Dates of employment should include month and year and hours per week.
- attach a cover letter.
- if applicable, attach a copy of an official transcript(s). We accept scanned copies of official transcripts. We do not accept web-based, internet, or copies of unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts provide the name of the institution, confirmation that a degree was awarded and on what date, and the registrar's signature.
Failure to complete any of the above items may result in your application not being considered. See instructions for attaching files here: *Instructions*
*YOUR APPLICATION FOR ANY POSITION DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY THE DEPARTMENT/AGENCY FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION. ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS INTERVIEWED WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THE RESULTS. *
For further information regarding this posting please contact Kari Salmi at (906) 228-0745 or SalmiK@michigan.gov
Salary: $1,432.00 - $2,010.40 Biweekly
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Job Number: 4308-AM-75000-112816-APW8-LH
Location: Manistique, MI
Closing: 12/6/2016 11:59 PM Eastern
Department: Health and Human Services - Counties
Agency: State of Michigan
Address: 400 South Pine Street Lansing, Michigan, 48909.
Phone: (800) 788-1766