Northwell Health Senior Research Assistant - Center for Biomedical Science in Manhasset, New York
Req Number 001FE7
Job Category Research
Performs a variety of independent activities involved in planning, organizing and conducting assigned portion(s) of neuroscience laboratory research studies. Participates in the coordination of sharing information, lending assistance, and solving problems with other team members, as needed.
• Collaborates with investigator and other team members in developing experimental plans, organization, implementation and monitoring for research projects, interpretation of results, and preparation of manuscripts or reports.
• Participates in compilation/writing of integrated reports and preparation of presentations and manuscripts of scientific meetings and technical journals.
• Organizes and conducts assigned studies, independently, following and adhering to current experimental protocols.
• Learns, researches and recommends new experimental procedures, as necessary
• Executes experiments in compliance with the currently approved protocols, with Good Clinical Research Practice (GCP), and with applicable regulatory requirement(s).
• Participates in design and writing of protocols, case report forms and informed consent forms for clinical trials.
• Performs a variety of independent activities involved in the collection, verification, analysis, documentation and interpretation of research data.
• Selects sources of information and specific data.
• Prepares correspondence to locate the specific data, as required.
• Evaluates and interprets collected data, and prepares presentations, reports and analyses describing progress, trends, and recommendations or conclusions.
- Performs related duties, as required.
Bachelor's Degree, required.
Minimum three (3) years Research experience, required.
Maintains current knowledge of research study area including attending scientific/professional meetings and training courses as appropriate.
Works effectively as part of a team with good interpersonal skills.
Able to take initiative and work interdependently, meet deadlines with a sense of urgency, multitask, adjust to shifting priorities, communicate effectively, and work under defined rules and regulations.
Detail-oriented. Uses good judgment. Possesses perseverance and persistence
Nerveisolation experience preferred
Prior ELISA,Microscopy, & Immunohistochemistry experience preferred
Experience in small animal handling and surgery preferred