HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Ortho Spine (Nights) in Macon, Georgia
Owned by Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), Coliseum Medical Centers is a 310 bed facility offering a 24-hour emergency room, inpatient and outpatient surgery options, rehabilitation programs, behavioral health and diagnostic services. In addition, CMC breadth of care options includes specialty facilities such as the Coliseum Heart Institute, an advanced cardiac center offering all services from non-invasive cardiology to open heart surgery, Coliseum Rehabilitation Center, Coliseum Robotics Institute, Coliseum Cancer Institute, Coliseum Center for Pelvic Health, Coliseum Diabetes Management Center, the Family Ties Birthing Center, which includes a level III neonatal nursery, Coliseum Pulmonary Center, and the Coliseum Center for Behavioral Health provides treatment to adults with psychiatric and addiction issues. The services provided include inpatient and outpatient programs, as well as, a specialty program for senior adults. For more information about Coliseum Medical Centers’ services visit www.coliseumhealthsystem.com.
- Supports the mission of the hospital to provide highest quality care in a caring atmosphere
- Provision of nursing care to adult and geriatric patients based upon nursing process
- Takes a patient assignment as directed to provide safe, effective care
- Directly supervises LPN and CNA job roles
- Promotes teamwork with physicians and other departments
- Communicates in a professional, respectful demeanor to all caregivers in regard to patient condition, changes, and response or results to orders and nursing interventions.
- Maintains regulatory agency requirements, nursing and hospital policies, procedures, and standards
- Utilizes the standards set forth by the ANA
- Will organize, modify, evaluate, document, and maintain the Plan of Care for Medical or Surgical patients that include individualized, family centered, holistic, supportive, and safe care
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance per policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
A. Core Competencies: 1. Service: Strives to meet expectations/needs of customers; responds to concerns with sense of urgency; seeks win-win solutions for unreasonable patient/customer expectations 2. Quality/Ethics/Integrity: Seeks opportunities for improvement; prevents small problems from becoming large ones; pays attention to detail; follows instructions and protocol/procedures; adheres to company code of conduct; maintains integrity in all aspects of his/her work 3. Relationships: Builds effective working relationships; finds and provides information to clarify situations; expands on original ideas; contributes own ideas; places high priority on other team members’ goals; gains team agreement to support ideas; clearly explains rationale behind ideas/goals; demonstrates sensitivity to differing cultural views and needs 4. Adaptability: Seeks to understand changes in work tasks/processes; actively seeks information about new tasks/processes; treats change and new tasks/processes as opportunities for learning and personal growth; speaks positively about changes to others; quickly modifies behavior to deal effectively with change
B. Job Specific: As defined in department specific competencies
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: • High school diploma. Medical terminology required. • Graduate from an accredited school of Professional Nursing
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: • BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required • Registered Nurse Licensure-State of Georgia, current--required • Advanced Cardiac Life Saving Certification preferred • Completion of credentialing requirements for unit specific skills within six months of employment
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: • Cardiac monitoring preferred
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Ortho Spine (Nights)
Location: Georgia-Macon-Coliseum Northside-Macon
Requisition ID: 08165-9036