Siemens Sales Executive in Louisville, Kentucky
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 201146
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American
market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and
environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a
technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building
Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and
security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air
conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995,
Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide,
including important American landmarks such as World Trade
Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt
Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for a dynamic Sales Executive to support our Fire Alarm & Security Service Sales group located in Louisville, KY. The Sales Executive is End-User/Property Manager focused on Fire Safety - Test & Inspect Service Agreements, Migration/Replacement Projects, Move/Add/Change Service, and Deficiency sales. The Sales Executive will be responsible for capturing new service agreement contracts on Siemens and 3rd party fire alarm installations and expanding our service portfolio (Sprinkler, Suppression, Joint Commission, etc). Under limited supervision, they will manage and grow new service base sales and sales to assigned territory or group of existing fire alarm accounts in the Greater Louisville area. Position is primarily involved in end-user fire alarm service and migration service sales, but will also have a smaller focus on end-user negotiated security service agreement sales.
• Achieves new order booking and gross margin goals
• Develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for assigned customers or territory
• Team sells with other Salespeople as appropriate
• Effectively handles sophisticated deals independently within established guidelines
• Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
• Strategic Account Planning and Management
• Introduce new fire systems product line to sales and top fire customers and new end-users
• Coordinate and present technical symposium’s to customers and end-users
• Prepare extensive sales promotion campaigns for customers to promote product lines to Commercial markets
• Perform sales of fire alarms systems
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and monitors progress. Assists in resolving installation/execution, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed. Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking
• Participates in civic and professional organizations, and sales department meetings, workshops and seminars. Keeps current on market business and product trends. Continues to pursue in depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• Develops and deploys account strategies. Prepares annual technology roadmap for all accounts managed.
• Team sells with solutions/contractor sales reps and Building Automation service sales reps.
• Develops and builds long term relationships
• Expand the value of assigned accounts for all SBT offerings
• Primary point of contact with end-user
• Drives/coordinates new business across all product lines to meet objectives
• Focus on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty
• Will focus on prospecting directly to new end users
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, although a combination of education (High School Diploma or GED equivalency a minimum requirement) and directly experience will also be considered
• 2+ years of meeting and succeeding quotas of selling full fire alarm and integration products to the end-users strongly desired, although candidates with extensive experience with fire alarm systems will also be considered
• Effective communication skills to give presentations before a broad audience
• Hunter sales mentality
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License in good standing
• Must be at least 21 years of age and meet eligibility requirements in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• Spin selling training preferred
•Extensive training in fire alarm, electronics and system applications software preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .