DHL Express Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist in Los Angeles, California
RCS Grade Level: J or P4
Do you have an eye for talent? Do you know how to leverage your networks and build Talent Acquisition strategies to bring top talent to an organization? Then you might be ready for the Talent Acquisition Specialist role for DHL Express USA. The role is responsible for supporting the organization to develop best-in-class talent identification strategies that will enable DHL Express to attract and recruit top talent to join our team of Certified International Specialist (CIS). You will bring talent to DHL for a wide range of functions that help to deliver the DHL Customer Promise.
This role will be assigned to specific client groups. The professional that can be successful in this role will propose recruiting strategies to keep bringing the best talent to DHL. You will use your specialty skills and capabilities to develop strategic partnerships internally and externally ensuring we stay abreast with the current recruiting trends. “Excellence. Simply Delivered” isn’t just a saying at DHL, it’s how we do business. You will discover the excitement of being a key member of the US HR team in one of the largest countries in the region. Here, you will collaborate with HR Business Partners, Senior Business Leaders of the organization, and other Talent Acquisition professionals to build the future of DHL Express USA.
How will you contribute to the success of DHL?
As a Passionate Talent professional you will use your energy and enthusiasm to partner the US HR team.
- Partners with Managers to obtain and confirm search requests that clearly indicate key responsibilities, requirements, environmental conditions, compensation, target audience (internal and/or external), timeframes, etc
- Performs comprehensive targeted research strategy for qualified candidates via internal DHL databases, job boards, schools, professional associations, business contacts with other companies, and discussions with other research personnel
- Serves as the recruiting liaison for DHL-sponsored committees and initiatives such as the Diversity Council and college recruitment programs
- Researches, assembles, analyzes and makes recommendations regarding recruiting metrics
- Interviews and screens candidates to ensure their qualifications meet open positions
- Oversees all pre-employment requirements (e.g., background investigations including reference checks, drug testing, physical exams) to ensure compliance and proper applicant tracking flow and records maintenance
- Collaborates with other HR functions on recruiting issues (e.g., new hire requirements, compensation, etc)
- Presents job opportunities to qualified candidates
- Coordinates with the HR Business Partners to ensure all new hiring processing takes place on the employee's first day of work
- Provide functional guidance, advice and/or training to less-experienced recruiting staff
Do you have what it takes?
- BS/BA in related discipline and a minimum of 5 years experience in related field OR MS/MA and generally a minimum of 3 years experience in related field.
- Credibility with clients and ability to lead, influence and drive behavior change without formal authority across a broad range of levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required to influence, inform and guide others
- Strong project management and analytical skills to translate data to insight and intelligence and action required
- Mastery of existing and emerging technologies, processes, and practices
- Previous experience recruiting for Management level positions.
- Previous experience recruiting for operations positions and Union environments
- Previous experience recruiting for high turnover, high volume, full and part-time employees
- Knowledge of compliance and legal requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word,) databases and software programs
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
Business Unit: DHL Express US
Travel Required: Below 25%
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
Work Permit Required: No
Shift Requirement: Day time only