Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services Program Director in Los Angeles, California
Scope of Position
Didi Hirsch is seeking an energetic and experienced manager for its residential program at Jump Street. This position is best suited for an individual with proven experience developing and managing crisis residential programs (children or adults) and is highly skilled at managing a 24/7 operation.
Individuals should have the ability to lead a team of paraprofessionals and clinicians through frequent change, as well as a proven track record of effectively partnering with the nurses and psychiatrists in order to create a well run environment designed to stabilize clients in lieu of hospitalization.
- Develops realistic and measurable objectives for the crisis residential program.
- Provides leadership to program staff ensuring that the client services meet or exceed contractual performance goals; ensures delivery of services in accordance with contracted guidelines and Didi Hirsch philosophies.
- Forms a highly effective team to accomplish the program’s short and long term goals.
- Performs managerial duties to include interviewing applicants for employment; assigning and reviewing progress of assignments; conducting performance appraisals; recommending salary increases; and developing higher levels of expertise in staff members.
- Identifies staff training needs and ensures development and implementation of programs that address needs; participates in delivering training sessions to meet the needs of staff related to clinical/program needs.
- Coaches staff in the development of their work plans, their assigned duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Attends, participates, leads and/or facilitates routinely scheduled meetings as requested or required for the program, division, or Agency.
- Interfaces with related community agencies, attends meetings as scheduled and/ or needed to include: the Department of Mental Health and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act related issues.
- Reviews chart documentation and status reports prepared by program staff to ensure all legal, contractual, and revenue-generating reports meet or exceed required Agency and applicable regulatory agencies’ standards.
- Ensures all administrative documentation is accurate and submitted within the established timeframe; gathers and analyzes information and prepares routine reports including those used to assess performance.
- Assists Division Director in the development of program budget and ensures expenditures comply with approved budgets; monitors and evaluates budget issues and recommends corrective action.
- CA Licensure as a Clinical Social Worker, Psychologist or Marriage and Family Therapist.
- Minimum of 3 years of providing clinical service and supervision in a social service/mental health and/or substance use setting within a county contracted environment.
- Advanced knowledge of the mental health and substance abuse services and systems specific to the program that is to be supervised.
- Depending on program/division, advanced knowledge of Evidence Based Practices and/or the Recovery Model of treatment.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and management skills; experienced in effectively leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Be experienced in the types of therapy, psychological testing, and case management appropriate to the program.
- Present ideas, information, and viewpoints clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Efficiently use the personal computer including word processing, spreadsheets, and other related software programs. Manage employee performance consistent with defined Didi Hirsch
- Utilize analysis, experience, and judgment to make solid business and therapeutic decisions.
- Demonstrate commitment to team objectives and Didi Hirsch philosophies.
- Adapt to changing needs by acquiring new skills and knowledge. Know and comply with Agency policies and procedures, HIPAA, DMH policies and documentation guidelines, and other state, federal regulations relating to quality assurance and improvement.
- Current California driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
Candidates must be able to clear all criminal background checks in order to qualify for this position.
Requisition Number: 16-0195
Post Date: 9/19/2016
Title: Program Director
Full Time/Part Time: FT/Exempt - Salaried
Pay Frequency: Semi-Monthly
City: Los Angeles