CBRE Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, California
Los Angeles, California, United States at http://cbre.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/11017/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Requisition # 16023367
The Financial Consulting Group (FCG) provides sophisticated financial underwriting and analytical services to investors and occupiers of real estate including Real Estate advisory companies, REITs, private investors, financial institutions, private companies and public corporations. As a division of CBRE, the Financial Consulting Group leverages the proven experience and local market knowledge of CBRE real estate professionals worldwide to provide custom analyses, which allow their clients to make informed real estate decisions. In 2014, the Financial Consulting Group was engaged in over 4,500 assignments with combined market values of $165 billion.
CBRE, the nation’s largest commercial real estate services firm, is seeking qualified individuals for its Financial Consulting Group (FCG). FCG facilitates an informed decision-making process for all stages of the valuation and underwriting process.
FCG designs and customizes its work product to communicate information in a consistent and professional manner required by real estate investors, financial institutions and Corporate CFOs.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Underwrite income-producing assets of all property types using Argus and Excel software.
• Analyze historical property income, operating statements, budgets, leases, loan agreements and expenses as well as current market conditions in order to determine financial underwriting assumptions.
• Review, analyze, comprehend, abstract and interpret various types of real estate documents, including leases, rent rolls, budgets, operating statements, expense recovery reconciliations, loan agreements and other information used in the underwriting process.
• Identify critical property level financial issues and recommend areas for value-add opportunities.
• Gather and track critical financial data points for research and negotiation purposes.
• Create evaluations of properties and sensitivity analyses.
• Strategize with co-workers and clients to generate creative alternatives.
• Ability to present results of analyses in a formal client setting to audiences with a wide range of financial acumen.
• Direct communication with Capital Markets professionals, property managers, asset managers and principals to clarify inconsistencies found in underwriting process and address other property specific issues.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or Economics from a four-year college or university required. A 3.5 GPA is highly preferred. Some prior work related experience preferred but not required.
• Strong understanding of financial terms and principles necessary in real estate underwriting, including Discounted Cash Flow, IRR, NPV, Time Value of Money, Return on Equity, etc.
• Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret various types of real estate documents, including leases, contracts and financial statements.
• Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills – ability to interact effectively and professionally with a wide variety of internal parties (managers, analysts, sales professionals, clients, etc).
• Close attention to detail and strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task in order to meet client deadlines.
• Proficient computer skills, particularly in Excel.
• Experience with ARGUS DCF and/or ARGUS Asset Management/ARGUS Enterprise financial modeling software is preferred, although not required.
• Standard knowledge of US GAAP and how real estate lease obligations impact a company’s P&L and Balance Sheet.
• Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations; ability to solve problems in complex situations.
• Ability to think creatively to resolve problems.
• Solid organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments with changing priorities.
• Willingness to work hard in a transaction oriented environment.
• High level of integrity and ethics.
• Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
• Team player, strong work ethic and passion to work in the commercial real estate industry.
• Strong analytical skills, financial/math skills and a keen sense of numbers.
• California Real Estate License required (grace period provided if necessary).
US Company Profile
About CBRE (NYSE: CBG): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE’s more than 70,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere. We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity. Visit CBRE.com.
About CBRE (NYSE: CBG): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE Limited is an equal opportunity employer who welcomes and encourages applications from all persons regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, family status, gender identity or expression, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law. Accommodations are available on request for all candidates at any time. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact CBRE Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org mailto: email@example.com or via telephone1-866-388-4346.
As a leader in real estate services, CBRE's professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. Visit www.cbre.ca