General Motors Digital Sculptor (Advanced Design) - CRE0000989 in Los Angeles, California
General Purpose of Position:
Create finished three-dimensional surface data of proposed vehicles and components. Works closely with Creative Designers, Engineers and Modelling staff to deliver Advanced Concepts from sketch or scan. Work involves considerable skill, creativity coordination and is performed within teams or independently. Aids design and engineering problem solving. Requires solid understanding of concept build methods to enable fast prototyping and concept builds. Has wide latitude for independent judgment with only general supervision. Occasional instruction and training of other modeling personnel.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates new and improves existing models using Alias from sketch or scan
- Produces finished Alias models to Creative Design direction and engineering specifications
- Understands program timelines and is proactive in completing and driving tasks
- Adheres to and assists in developing common processes and best practices
- Frequently assists studio personnel in developing solutions to design, engineering and concept build problems
- Demonstrated curve and surface creation capabilities for development of “class A” quality surfacing.
- Knowledge of current trends in design, technology, production methods and materials
- Works on vehicle subsystems with minimal supervision
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Skills and Abilities:
- Highly proficient (Class A) modeling skills using AliasStudio tools
- Highly developed skill in final execution of forms and shapes
- Demonstrated fast turn around and high quality surface generation
- Able to contribute to creative and aesthetic solutions
- Team player with high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Creative proficiency with a demonstrated Alias portfolio (.wire models)
- Ability to successfully incorporate engineering criteria into a design theme
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Proficient in the use of Visualization software (VRED, etc)
- Other proficiencies is a plus (i.e. photography, videography, VR, etc.)
Education and/or Training:
- College degree with a major in Industrial Design, Sculpture, Ceramics or equivalent training.