Kiwi Crate Graphic Design Intern in Los Altos, California
Kiwi Crate is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors and were named one of the “20 Startups to Watch” by Business Insider. Our offices are located in Mountain View, within walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Role and Responsibilities
The Graphic Design Intern role at Kiwi Crate brings our brands (Kiwi Crate, Koala Crate, Doodle Crate, and Tinker Crate) to life and plays a key role in shaping the consumer’s view of the company. It’s a rich and rewarding position that directly shapes our customers’ impressions and engages our young customers. You will be creating and delivering packaging, product designs, die lines, and collateral for our retail channel.
• Develops print layout work for instruction sheets and magazines.
• Creates new design components e.g., packaging for an assortment of products.
• Collaborates closely with sourcing and ops teams.
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve.
The ideal candidate has great initiative and operating range. Required skills and responsibilities:
• Experience. Demonstrated graphic design experience with demonstrated creative successes. Experience in packaging desired. Well-versed in CS6: InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator.
• Passionate about customers. You love our customers and understand how to design and develop artwork for a fun and enriching set of projects and materials - for kids and for parents.
• Hands-on, “get things done” mentality. Self-starter with the ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment and meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while still paying attention to details and executing flawlessly. Strong project management skills.
• Passionate about design. An eye for great design and intuitive understanding of what connects with customers. Strong design and art skills with a fresh aesthetic.
• Detail-oriented. We move quickly, but we bring care and thoughtfulness to everything we do. We care deeply about the details.
• Collaborative. Ability to work well within cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization. A positive force on the team who can bring our product to the next level.
• Resourceful. You see a project from idea stage through successful completion - and do whatever it takes to make it a success.
Please include a cover letter explaining your interest in the position with your application.