Kiwi Crate Editorial Associate in Los Altos, California
Kiwi Crate is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors and were named one of the “20 Startups to Watch” by Business Insider. Our offices are located in Mountain View.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Editorial Associate role at Kiwi Crate centers around fulfilling our promise to delight children and families with the projects and associated experiences and memories we deliver. It’s a rewarding and rich position that centers on communicating directly to our customers. This role is part of our product design team, and as such is a critical part of ensuring our customer’s success. It’s one that directly shapes our customers’ impressions and impacts retention and acquisition.
You will be creating and managing instructional and educational content for the hands-on projects (arts, crafts, science, imaginative play, and more) that we create for kids and families. You will be a key team player in helping the product team create a successful and rewarding experience with the product. In addition, you will be creating and managing our online content resources to help us reach new audiences through blogs, social, and other outlets, and position Kiwi Crate as a thought leader when it comes to creativity and learning.
• Define standards, act as an editor, and serve as an editorial resource for the product design team, to ensure instructions that are written in a clear, kid-friendly manner.
• Develop editorial content, manage illustration requests, and organize and art direct photo shoots.
• Support business, marketing, and branding objectives with content that is valuable, unique, and interesting.
• Create editorial content that support our brand and helps position Kiwi Crate as a thought leader in the children’s education and creativity space.
• Maintain our voice and editorial style across our product lines, and help improve it.
• Own deadlines and editorial process to ensure smooth, efficient creation of all editorial materials.
• Ensure a compelling content experience on the site, with unique and interesting projects, inspirational photography, and clear and accurate instructions.
• Collaborate closely with Product Design, Photography, Graphic Design, and Marketing
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve.
The ideal candidate has great initiative and operating range. Required skills and responsibilities:
• Experience. Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of writing experience. Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Communication. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate across various departments.
• Organization. This is a fast-paced, deadline-driven role, which requires collaborating with the entire product design team, so great organizational skills are a must.
• Detail-oriented. Exceptional attention to detail, grammar and logical story construction, with an eye for visual communication and photography. We move quickly, but we bring care and thoughtfulness to everything we do. We care deeply about the details.
• Hands-on, “get things done” mentality. Self-starter with the ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment and meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while still paying attention to details and executing flawlessly. Strong project management skills.
• Resourceful and Flexible. You see a project from idea stage through successful completion - and do whatever it takes to make it a success. You are comfortable with the rapid pace of change in a small, nimble team. You are an innovative thinker and can solve problems creatively.
• Collaborative. Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization, as well as confidently make presentations to senior management. Positive management and encouragement of the team, yet able to give insightful, straight feedback and brings the product to the next level.
• Broad operating range. Have the ability to think strategically and create processes and organizational efficiencies, while also having a love of detail and editorial finesse. Thrives in a fast-paced, small company environment.
• Passionate about education. You love our young customers and understand how to communicate enriching educational concepts in a fun and relatable way.
• HTML, image editing, and other basic web skills.
• Experience in search engine optimization (SEO).
• Photography and video production experience.
• Experience with a startup or with a product team.
Please apply via JobScore and include a cover letter highlighting your background and describing your interest in addition to your resume.