Acacia Network Case Worker in Long Island City, New York
Acacia Network , a progressive organization servicing communities across New York State is the 2nd largest Hispanic nonprofit organization in the country. Its mission is to partner with communities, lead change, and promote healthy and prosperous individuals and families. Acacia Network offers an array of community-based services, including Primary Care, Behavioral Health, Housing, and Education.
We are currently seeking dynamic *Case Workers. *
Under the supervision of the Senior Case Manager, the Case Worker will be responsible for implementing, monitoring, and evaluating case management activities for the program. The Case Worker works directly with individuals dealing with homelessness. The Case Worker is responsible for assessing the needs of the individuals and their families and helping them secure permanent housing.
Essential functions of this position includes:
- Conduct intake interviews and assessments
- Counsel clients with confronting issues adversely affecting their lives (i.e.: mental illness, addiction, abuse)
- Ensure clients have appropriate medical insurance and are referred to medical provider
- Assist clients in finding housing and employment
Maintain updated case files with necessary documentation
Network with community partners
- Conduct biweekly group intakes
- Schedule weekly meetings with families in caseload.
- Create case plans and monitor plans for effectiveness.
- Maintain physical files and/or electronic files within CARES
- Evaluate new and existing client's needs to determine their immediate needs, functional capabilities and assistance needed to stabilize housing, healthcare, finances, etc.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with public agencies concerning public benefits, employment services, supportive services, housing resources, etc.
- Attend and participate in all required agency meetings: staff meetings, house meetings, in-service training and weekly case review
- Conduct home inspections as required
- Other duties in keeping with the scope and nature of the position
As one of the paramount not for profit corporations in the country, we offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package; a multitude of benefits, including comprehensive full health care package, disability, life insurance, coupled with a generous vacation and 401K plan as well as flexible schedules.
Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No employment services or agencies need respond.
Education and Qualifications
High School diploma/GED required; Bachelor Degree preferred
2 year experience in relevant field: case management, social services, human services and substance abuse experience preferred
Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
Location: Long Island City, NY
Category: Transitional Housing
Job Type: Full Time
Required Education: Associate (AA, AS...)