General Motors Medical Supervisor - HUM0004553 in Lockport, New York
General Motors (NYSE: GM, TSX: GMM) is a globally renowned mobility technology company with roots tracing back to 1908. Today, with 215,000+ employees spread across 396 facilities in more than 100 countries around the globe, GM offers exciting careers designing, engineering and building some of the world’s most advanced vehicles and personal mobility solutions.
Our culture is centered on being Made For More. It’s a concept reflecting our constant pursuit and confident expectation for more out of life—for our company, for our planet, for our customers, and for ourselves. Because our work goes beyond making cars; it’s about allowing people greater access to and more meaningful interactions with the world around them.
As state-of-the-art technologies continue to transform the automotive industry, GM is committed to maintaining its position as an industry leader and establishing its innovative vision for the future of transportation. Learn more athttp://careers.gm.com.
Mission: Design, build and sell the world's best vehicles.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This individual is responsible for administering and/or providing staff oversight of emergency care, first aid and episodic treatment of occupational injuries and illnesses within standing orders.The Nursing Supervisor plays a critical role in assuring alignment of Health Services work with the Global Medical Priorities, Health Key Elements, and site-specific goals and objectives.
Key Job Elements:
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated ability to lead others
- Solid knowledge and clinical skills in Occupational Health Nursing Practice
- Serves as a role model, trainer and educator to nursing staff in the department
- Drives common practices and procedures throughout the department
- Ensures quality and accuracy of medical recordkeeping
- Provides oversight and maintenance of medical equipment and supplies
- Timely completion of department, corporate and governmental required reports
- Assists with the promotion of plant wellness programs
- Interfaces with health services customers in a knowledgeable and professional manner
- Ensures adequate staffing to meet customer needs; hands-on patient care may be required
Span of Control
One to five direct reports
- High level of initiative and sound independent judgment
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with electronic medical records and multiple computer programs/software
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to be self-directed
Education and Training
- BSN or BS required
- Valid RN license in the state ofNew York
- Five or more years’ nursing experience, ER or Occupational Health preferred,some supervisory experience preferred
- COHN certification required or to be obtained within two years of hire/promotion
- Certified in Healthcare Provider CPR/AED