O'Brien & Gere Automation Technician in Liverpool, New York
OBG (Www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. Advanced Manufacturing. Energy. Environment. Water. For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG There s a way.
The Automation Technician 1 performs a range of tasks to advance the assembly, programming, startup, testing, and validation of automated control systems, both at OBG and on-site at client locations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Performs testing of control panels, machine wiring and field devices
* PLC/HMI programming and testing
* Develops preliminary PLC programs to be used for initial I/O testing and troubleshooting of control panels, machines and automated workcells
* Tests PLC I/O and associated wiring
* Downloads final PLC/HMI programs written by others, performs testing to ensure compliance with requirements, and documents test results
* Robot / Motion Control programming and testing
* Performs initial power-up and testing of robots and motion control devices
* Teaches points and locations as needed
* Supports testing and debug of robots and motion control systems under the direction of engineering staff
* Supports Final Acceptance Testing and Site Acceptance Testing
* Participates actively in creating a safety culture in the shop and at client job sites. Takes initiative to ensure the safety of self and others around complex equipment.
* Performs the above duties in both the OBG shop environment and at client sites. Maintains a professional demeanor in all client interactions
* Assists in wiring control panels and field devices as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
* Associates degree in an appropriate technical discipline
* Typically 0-3 years experience with industrial controls. PLC s, robots, motion control, and fluid power control
* Knowledge of PLC s, HMI s, robots, and motion controllers and associated programming software
* Knowledge and understanding of machine safety practices and standards
* Knowledge of Microsoft office
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Employer's Job# 19187462
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.