Arvest Teller in Little Rock, Arkansas
Position is Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm or 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm, and Saturday 8:30 am to 12:00 pm. Flexibility may be required.
SUMMARY: Under the supervision and guidance of the assigned manager the Teller accepts and processes transactions from the bank's customers by personal contact, mail, and night deposit. The incumbent identifies customer needs and refers them to product specialists. The Teller gains knowledge of other areas in the bank and by cross-training to provide an expected level of exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Contribute to achievement of branch sales goals by suggesting products and services that would be of interest to the customer and that would meet their needs; refer customer to appropriate product specialists.
- Deliver consistent exceptional customer service by displaying sincere, outgoing, and aggressive friendliness. Smiling, acknowledging every customer, introducing yourself, making eye contact, and thanking the customer are all examples.
- Accurately accept and process customer teller transactions. Adhere to bank policies and procedures, including customer identification program.
- Cash checks and withdrawals up to authorized limits; request authorization for transactions above assigned limits. Process branch and/or teller capture.
- Prepare daily settlements of teller cash and proof transactions.
- Using customer focused skills, explain policies and procedures to customers as applicable.
- Balance cash drawer to transactions daily.
- May open new accounts if successfully completed FSR training.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Cross-sell other services of the bank.
- Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
- Uphold the Arvest Code of Ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the bank's overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Sales experience, cash handling, customer service, bank, or other financial service provider experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work attendance
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to perform several tasks at once
- Must be able to work in a stressful atmosphere
- Must be able to rotate job tasks
- Must be able to occasionally work overtime
- Must be able to greet others cordially
- Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
- Must be able to verbally communicate with all other associates
- Must be able to operate telephone, scanner, copier and FAX machines
- Must be able to move from department, division, or bank to department, division or bank to attend meetings
- Must be able to operate personal computer keyboard in order to create reports, schedules and other appropriate documentation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and to talk and hear. The associate must occasionally reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The associate may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 52 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The incumbent must be able to travel occasionally by themselves within the US, including overnight, and via automobile and air.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About the Organization
As a provider of financial services, our #1 focus is our customers. We are people helping people find financial solutions for life. That is our culture - that is who we are as an organization.
As an employer, our #1 focus is our associates. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and an engaging work environment driven by the desire to serve our customers and communities.
With over 315 locations in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas, we offer a variety of jobs. Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time employment, Arvest has the opportunity for you.
Arvest is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Little Rock Metro area.; AR, Little Rock
Grade: 10 NMET SSMET
Accepting applications through: December 4, 2016
Preferred Qualifications: See Below