Arvest Mortgage Servicing Escrow Analysis Specialist in Little Rock, Arkansas
SUMMARY: The associate handles mortgage servicing escrow analysis on all escrowed mortgage loans. Job duties include preparation of escrow analysis statements for customers and providing assistance to other internal departments with escrow analysis questions from customers. Additionally, the associate interacts with escrow departments to insure the correct information is on the statement. The associate assists Correspondent Specialist(s) with answering written escrow analysis inquiries from customers. The Escrow Analyst Specialist researches customer’s escrow accounts and payment history as needed. The associate will also be responsible for mailing escrow statements and surplus checks to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create, research, finalize, and mail initial, annual, short year, and other miscellaneous analysis batches to include surplus checks when applicable.
- Research and respond to customer requests accurately and in a timely manner, including the preparation of all written documentation and properly commenting response and findings concerning customer requests.
- Make corrections as needed to escrow account.
- Insure customer’s escrow analysis statement is correct and delivered in a timely manner, allowing the customer appropriate notice of upcoming escrow payment change.
- Assist bank and/or mortgage associates concerning escrow problems or inquiries by finding an accurate solution in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitor and review low value taxes on new construction.
- Cross train with other mortgage escrow departments (tax, insurance, mortgage insurance).
- Work with flow, bankruptcy, loss mitigation, and other internal departments making sure all escrow accounts are maintained and monitored for accuracy.
- Work with the Loan Boarding/Flow department to insure all escrow tracking lines are setup correctly and in a timely manner.
- Work with the Loss Mitigation department to calculate new escrow account balance and determine new escrow payment per loan modification documents.
- Work with the Bankruptcy department to calculate pre-petition escrow payments.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
- Uphold the Arvest Code of Ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the company’s overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Six (6) months customer service or equivalent related experience required
- Six (6) months clerical experience required
- Previous accounting or equivalent experience preferred
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word preferred
- Previous mortgage loan/servicing experience preferred
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work attendance
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to perform several tasks at once
- Must be able to work in a stressful atmosphere
- Must be able to rotate job tasks
- Must be able to occasionally work overtime
- Must be able to greet others cordially
- Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
- Must be able to verbally communicate with all other associates
- Must be able to operate telephone, scanner, copier and FAX machines
- Must be able to move from department, division, or bank to department, division or bank to attend meetings
- Must be able to operate personal computer keyboard in order to create reports, schedules and other appropriate documentation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk and hear, and use hands to touch, handle or feel objects/controls. The associate occasionally is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach with hands and arms.
The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
About the Organization
As a provider of financial services, our #1 focus is our customers. We are people helping people find financial solutions for life. That is our culture - that is who we are as an organization.
As an employer, our #1 focus is our associates. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and an engaging work environment driven by the desire to serve our customers and communities.
With over 315 locations in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas, we offer a variety of jobs. Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time employment, Arvest has the opportunity for you.
Arvest is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Mortgage Servicing Escrow Analysis Specialist
Location: 801 John Barrow Rd; AR, Little Rock
Grade: 10 SSMET
Accepting applications through: December 4, 2016
Details: Position is Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
Preferred Qualifications: See Below.
Category: Mortgage Company