Arvest Mortgage Servicing Bankruptcy Specialist 1 in Little Rock, Arkansas
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Mtg Svg Bankruptcy Supervisor, the Mtg Svg Bankruptcy Specialist 1 performs timely and accurate processing of bankruptcy accounts to ensure minimal risk and loss exposure. The Mtg Svg Bankruptcy Specialist 1 monitors bankruptcy status with courts and /or attorneys managing bankruptcy cases to ensure compliance with government/investor/insurer regulations as well as timeliness and accuracy of the process. Additionally, the Mtg Svg Bankruptcy Specialist 1 ensures compliance with investor requirements pertaining to bankruptcy processing, including document production and reporting, and maintains and documents related records. The incumbent serves as the designated contact and source of information for bankruptcy customers who need assistance with loss mitigation. The Mtg Svg Bankruptcy Specialist 1 must maintain a broad knowledge of loss mitigation options, the loss mitigation process, and must stay current on all policy, procedure, or regulatory changes. The incumbent must exhibit keen listening and communication skills, ask clarifying questions, and relay status information precisely and accurately to the borrower in a professional and non-bias manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform all the duties of a Customer Relations Specialist as they relate to loans in bankruptcy.
- Document system with appropriate bankruptcy information and status to reflect bankruptcy notification.
- Analyze bankruptcy plan to determine appropriate course of action.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to pre- and post-petition payments during the period of the bankruptcy case.
- Prepare appropriate documentation to submit to bankruptcy court or attorney’s office.
- Prepare and submit bankruptcy referral packages to attorneys. Maintain and monitor bankruptcy cases according to established guidelines. Advise attorneys of delinquencies or discrepancies requiring additional legal action.
- Prepare accurate calculations for reinstatement and/or payoff to provide to bankruptcy courts as needed.
- Document all actions taken, including telephone conversations, e-mails, plan confirmations, agreed orders and so forth. Maintain any system coding necessary to identify alerts or special messages regarding bankruptcy issues.
- Review all mail, faxes, and e-mails responding in a timely accurate manner. Maintain organized filing system and routinely file all correspondence or documentation for each case file.
- Perform daily data maintenance required for utilization of bankruptcy reports to monitor bankruptcy actions and timelines to ensure compliance with bankruptcy regulations.
- Process for payment all invoices and bills for services related to attorneys’ fees and costs, property inspections, appraisals, property preservation and so forth.
- Work with and maintain positive relations with attorneys, outside vendors, bank associates, and others. Discuss sensitive personal financial circumstances in a frank, yet tactful, manner.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
- Uphold the Arvest Code of Ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the company’s overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 2 years previous mortgage loan experience and/or legal experience required.
- 6 months previous customer service experience required.
- Current NMLS SAFE Act Registration or the ability to be registered within 30 days required.
- Successful completion of bankruptcy, loss mitigation, and customer service training course required within 12 weeks.
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) certification required within 60 days of hire. Annual recertification required.
- Previous bankruptcy, loss mitigation and/or default experience preferred.
- Associates Degree preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Must possess analytical skills with attention to detail and documentation.
- Must possess ability to manage a high volume of assigned cases.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work attendance
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to work in a stressful atmosphere
- Must be able to rotate job tasks
- Must be able to occasionally work overtime
- Must be able to greet others cordially
- Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
- Must be able to operate telephone, scanner, copier and FAX machines
- Must be able to move from department, division, or bank to department, division or bank to attend meetings
- Must be able to operate personal computer keyboard in order to create reports, schedules and other appropriate documentation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and to talk and hear. The associate must occasionally reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The associate may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About the Organization
As a provider of financial services, our #1 focus is our customers. We are people helping people find financial solutions for life. That is our culture - that is who we are as an organization.
As an employer, our #1 focus is our associates. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and an engaging work environment driven by the desire to serve our customers and communities.
With over 315 locations in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas, we offer a variety of jobs. Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time employment, Arvest has the opportunity for you.
Arvest is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Mortgage Servicing Bankruptcy Specialist 1
Location: 801 John Barrow Rd; AR, Little Rock
Grade: 12 SSMET
Accepting applications through: December 4, 2016
Details: Position is Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
Preferred Qualifications: See Below.
Category: Mortgage Company