University of Kentucky Targeted Assessment Specialist in Lexington, Kentucky
University of Kentucky
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
|Job Title||Targeted Assessment Specialist|
|Working Title||Campbell County TAS|
|Department Name||7H090:CENTER ON DRUG & ALCOHOL RESEA|
|Work Location||Campbell County|
|Type of Position||Staff|
|Position Time Status||Full-Time|
|Required Education|| |
|Click here for more information about equivalencies:||http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalencies|
|Required Related Experience|| |
|Required License/Registration/Certification|| |
|Physical Requirements|| |
Sitting at computer workstation for extended periods
Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 (40 hrs/week)
|Job Summary|| |
The UK Targeted Assessment Program (TAP) identifies and addresses barriers to self-sufficiency and safety among Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) clients.
The Targeted Assessment Specialist (TAS), will be a UK employee housed at a DCBS office in Newport, KY to: 1) conduct assessment interviews with DCBS clients in the areas of mental health, substance use, intimate partner violence, and learning problems; 2) provide intensive pre-treatment and case management services; 3) facilitate referrals to appropriate services/agencies, and 4) provide follow-up services.
The TAS will also: provide consultation and training; collaborate effectively with multiple service systems; and be responsible for documentation, reports, and entry of information into the program's data base.
Frequent travel in Campbell County and the region is required. TAP is funded by the KY Cabinet for Health & Family Services with Temporary Assistance to Needy Families funds.
|Skills / Knowledge / Abilities|| |
Experience in assessment, counseling, and case management; basic computer skills such as MS Word and Excel; written and verbal communication; diplomacy
|Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?||No|
|Preferred Education/Experience|| |
Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 or more years of experience in a human service field such as social work or counseling or equivalent.
Driver's License preferred.
|Deadline to Apply||12/20/2016|
|University Community of Inclusion|| |
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience providing assessment, counseling, and/or case management services.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Please describe the reasons for your interest in working with low-income parents facing multiple barriers to self-sufficiency and safety.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter