University of Kentucky Maintenance Technician II in Lexington, Kentucky
University of Kentucky
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
|Job Title||Maintenance Technician II|
|Department Name||3CM00:Medical Center Physical Plant|
|Type of Position||Staff|
|Position Time Status||Full-Time|
|Required Education|| |
|Click here for more information about equivalencies:||http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalencies|
|Required Related Experience|| |
|Required License/Registration/Certification|| |
|Physical Requirements|| |
Lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 lbs.
Evenings [3:30pm - 12:00am], however, must be flexible to work overtime,
nights, weekends and holidays to meet the operational needs as directed by
Supervisor / Manager / and or Director
|Job Summary|| |
This position is responsible for providing unscheduled and miscellaneous maintenance to University of Kentucky Medical Center (UKMC), as well as routine maintenance of building and electrical/mechanical support systems of the boiler systems. Will troubleshoot and repair (T & R) plumbing fixtures and repair minor HVAC including: AHU, reheat, coils, thermostats, and valves. T & R all mechanical/architectural products to include: locksets and door hardware. T & R all waste water piping systems; cut, solder and thread all types of pipe. T & R minor fire alarm problems, minor nurse call problems, medical gas system troubles, electric motors and related equipment. T & R minor ice machine problems, minor roofing problems, minor steam systems, pump problems, and minor automatic door problems.
IEBC (Internal Employees Being Considered).
|Skills / Knowledge / Abilities|| |
Experience with building and equipment maintenance. Ability to work different shifts and overtime as needed.
|Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?||No|
|Preferred Education/Experience|| |
HVAC troubleshooting and repair experience.
|Deadline to Apply||12/11/2016|
|University Community of Inclusion|| |
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have HVAC troubleshooting and repair experience?
- * This position requires you to work different shifts and overtime as needed. Are you able to meet this requirement?
- * Please describe your experience as it relates to this job posting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you a current, regular full-time employee within the University of Kentucky's Auxiliary Services Division?
- Yes, I am a regular full-time employee in Auxiliary Services
- No, but I am a UK STEPS temporary employee in Auxiliary Services
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you have as a regular full-time employee at the University of Kentucky.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years, up through 6 years
- More than 6 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years, up through 15 years
- More than 15 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- Other Job Board
- Cover Letter