University of Kentucky Carpenter III in Lexington, Kentucky
University of Kentucky
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
|Job Title||Carpenter III|
|Department Name||3CM00:Medical Center Physical Plant|
|Type of Position||Staff|
|Position Time Status||Full-Time|
|Required Education|| |
|Click here for more information about equivalencies:||http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalencies|
|Required Related Experience|| |
|Required License/Registration/Certification|| |
|Physical Requirements|| |
Lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 lbs.
Days [7:00am - 3:30pm].
|Job Summary|| |
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Superintendent III, this position is responsible for the repair, maintenance, and new work inside/outside of buildings involving rough and finish carpentry, metal and wood, drywall, locks and hardware, and all other carpentry duties as assigned. IEBC (Internal Employees Being Considered).
|Skills / Knowledge / Abilities|| |
Driver's License and the ability to drive are preferred.
|Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?||No|
|Deadline to Apply||12/11/2016|
|University Community of Inclusion|| |
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The essential functions of this position will require you to push, pull or lift objects over 50lbs. Can you meet this requirement with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * Do you have a valid Kentucky driver's license and are able to drive?
- * How many years of carpentry experience do you possess?
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 6 years
- More than 6 years
- * Describe your experiences with building facility management and construction and renovation.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you a current, regular full-time employee within the University of Kentucky's Auxiliary Services Division?
- Yes, I am a regular full-time employee in Auxiliary Services
- No, but I am a UK STEPS temporary employee in Auxiliary Services
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you have as a regular full-time employee at the University of Kentucky.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years, up through 6 years
- More than 6 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years, up through 15 years
- More than 15 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter