University of Kentucky Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Anesthesiology in Lexington, Kentucky
University of Kentucky
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
|Job Title||Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Anesthesiology|
|Department Name||7H135:ANESTHESIOLOGY - OR|
|Work Location||Lexington, KY|
|Type of Position||Faculty|
|Position Time Status||Full-Time|
|Required Education|| |
|Required Related Experience|| |
|Required License/Registration/Certification|| |
Unrestricted KY Medical License
|Job Summary|| |
The Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Kentucky seeks Board-certified or Board-eligible anesthesiologists in the areas of general anesthesia, cardiothoracic anesthesia, critical care medicine, and pediatric anesthesia, Fellowship training and eligibility for ABA subspecialty certification or TEE certification are required within subspecialty positions. These positions are open to all ranks.
UK HealthCare has undergone a sustained and remarkable growth trajectory for a decade. Clinical volumes have doubled in the past 6 years and the acuity of patient care is high. UK HealthCare's Albert B. Chandler Hospital was named No. 1 in Kentucky in the U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals rankings. The Department of Anesthesiology is a collegial group that is well-respected in the medical center. The residency program is strong and nationally recognized. The enterprise financially supports the academic and the clinical mission of the Department of Anesthesiology.
Openings are available within the following:
General Anesthesia - UK Anesthesiology provides complete, advanced anesthesiology services for all surgical procedures performed at UK Hospital, ranging from minor outpatient procedures to major operations such as transplantation.
Cardiothoracic Anesthesia - UK Healthcare has an exceptionally active, rapidly expanding Cardiac Surgery Service. Procedures include heart transplants, lung transplants aortic root replacement, TAVR, and minimally invasive thoracic surgery including pulmonary resection and esophagectomy.
Critical Care Medicine - The anesthesiology critical care medicine service provides coverage in the Neurocritical Care unit and manages cardiac surgery and thoracic surgery patients in the cardiovascular ICU as well as solid organ transplant patients in the Surgery ICU.
Pediatric Anesthesia - UK Healthcare has a Level IV Neonatal ICU. All types of pediatric surgical subspecialties are represented. Willingness to care for adults as well as children is essential.
Salary and benefits of this position are commensurate with experience and rank.
Candidate questions may be directed to the following:
Robert Gaiser, MD
Professor and Chair
Department of Anesthesiology
800 Rose Street, N202, UKMC
Lexington, KY 40536-0293
Please note that, to be considered an applicant, an application must be submitted via the UK Jobs site.
|Skills / Knowledge / Abilities|
|Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?||No|
|Deadline to Apply|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|University Community of Inclusion|| |
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- America's Job Exchange.com
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita