University of Kentucky Assisant, Associate, Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine in Lexington, Kentucky
University of Kentucky
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
|Job Title||Assisant, Associate, Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine|
|Working Title||Clinical Chemist|
|Work Location||Lexington, KY|
|Type of Position||Faculty|
|Position Time Status||Full-Time|
|Required Education|| |
M.D./D.O./Ph.D. or equivalent degree
|Required Related Experience|| |
Completion of an accredited Clinical Chemistry Fellowship
|Required License/Registration/Certification|| |
Board Certification - Clinical Chemistry
|Job Summary|| |
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of Kentucky, in Lexington, Kentucky is recruiting for a board certified clinical pathologist/clinical chemist with fellowship training in clinical chemistry. The successful candidate would join an academic hospital-based practice and engage in an active collaborative research program appropriate to title series and rank. This potential open-rank position is available immediately within a Clinical title series, and will remain open until the appropriate individual is recruited.
Please include curriculum vita and cover letter, along with application.
The University of Kentucky is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, African Americans, and all minorities.
|Skills / Knowledge / Abilities|| |
1. M.D./D.O./Ph.D. or equivalent degree.
2. American Board of Clinical Chemistry (ABCC) certification/eligibility in Clinical Chemistry or American Board of Pathology (ABP) Certification in Clinical Pathology.
3. Licensed in Kentucky as required for provider
4. Demonstrated ability in teaching students at all levels in an academic environment.
5. Knowledge of pathology and laboratory medicine practices in a variety of clinical, teaching and research environments.
6. Demonstrated interest and ability in scholarly activity evidenced by peer review publications and investigative experience.
7. Experience in molecular pathology.
|Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?||Yes|
|Deadline to Apply|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|University Community of Inclusion|| |
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- Other Job Board
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter