HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse RN - Coordinator Inpatient Rehab Central Authorization in Lewisville, Texas
2 positions open - Full-time (Exempt) Monday-Friday (hours are flexible from 7am to 6 pm)
The Medical Center of Lewisville is focused on providing high-quality care to our community. As aMagnet® recognized facility, we are a leader in the DFW market for quality metrics, and Nursing satisfaction performance according to the National Database of Nursing Quality Indictors.
Through our many well established professional practice councils and shared leadership model,The Medical Center of Lewisville is committed to listening to ournursing voice ; which drives outcomes and impacts practice environments using evidence-based research.
We take/pride/in being able to support our Nurses through:
· Career enhancement reward systems
· Tuition reimbursement to advance nursing education
· Assistance with obtaining professional nursing certifications
· Professional Nursing library and relaxation room
Come join a team where Nurses say:
/ “It’s very much like family here. Everyone is friendly and gets to know one another. We take pride in the fact we have such a friendly culture while still being able to deliver exceptional care that rivals larger organizations.” /
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
TheRegistered Nurse RN – Central Authorization Coordinator – is responsible for managing/coordinating all day to day inpatient rehabilitation admissions with the Clinical Rehabilitation Specialists and/or admissions staff with all managed care payers such as BCBS, United Healthcare, Medicare and Medicaid.
Majority of the responsibilities involves central insurance authorization for the IP Rehab Service Line for the NTX Division for the effective and efficient admissions process in the delivery of these services: Continuously evaluates, develops a plan and conducts business with insurance payers for the appropriate approval/authorization for inpatient rehabilitation patients to meet the individual needs of medically referred patients in an efficient, productive manner and within the established guidelines for HCA and Nursing Professional Standards for Practice and Code of Ethics.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Current Texas RN
- BLS (AHA) Certification.
c. Pass the licensed personnel FIM exam using the UDSMR Online Credentialing System within 90 days of hire and again as necessary to maintain the facilities UDS-PRO credential.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- If RN, ADN required. BSN preferred. If hired into RN required position and no BSN, then BSN required within three years of facility hire date.
- Minimum 1 years experience working with Managed Care insurance plans with working first hand knowledge/experience in approval/authorization process in post acute care services such as LTAC, LTC and SNIFF.
- Must have minimum of 2 years clinical experience with care and management of the inpatient rehabilitation patient and admission process preferred.
- Must possess good interpersonal and program development skills.
Title: Registered Nurse RN - Coordinator Inpatient Rehab Central Authorization
Location: Texas-Lewisville-Medical Center of Lewisville - Lewisville
Requisition ID: 00950-85027